Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Market, And Currency

rhoenix

This suggestion is meant to address the following issues:

- Low drop rates for blueprints from bosses

- Credits being nearly meaningless beyond a certain point

- Alerts' randomness of items

- Alerts item randomness not favoring players without flexible playing schedules (such as those who work full time, or go to school full-time, or both)

With those items in mind, here are the proposed changes:

- Add a new currency type to Warframe, in addition to Credits and Platinum: Graphene. Graphene would be received rarely from enemies, with a higher chance from bosses, and would drop in place of any blueprints. Instead of a blueprint drop, a player would receive a certain amount of Graphene instead.

- Alert missions would provide a random amount of Graphene for mission completion in addition to the Credit reward. The Graphene reward would be in place of any item from the Alert, and a player would receive an amount of Graphene for each Alert mission completed, allowing the randomness of Alert rewards to proceed as-is.

- Add an Lost Technology tab to the Market. Place all warframe blueprints normally dropped from bosses into this tab, along with all Alert mission items.

- Item costs within the Lost Technology tab would be according to their rarity and difficulty of use - more rare items can be only available once a player reaches a certain rank, at which time they could purchase a specific blueprint if they had enough Graphene. More rare items, such as the Plasma Sword from Alerts, would have a correspondingly high Graphene cost to purchase.

- It would be possible to purchase Graphene with Credits, at the rate of 25,000 Credits for 1 Graphene.

-------

This is the most concise way I can think of to resolve several issues at once, as well as give players a more clear sense of progression toward the more rare items. Moving to this sort of system would also encourage other material types for crafting, as the end result items one can craft would be purchasable through the Lost Technology Market.

Let me know your thoughts on this - let's make this idea (and this game) as good as we can.

So you wan't to change random lucky drops to hardcore farming for secondhand currency, please don't do this.

I somewhat understand your position, but I'm fulltime stundent and even when I have time won't play that much. While it may be nice to have clear sense of progression toward item you wan't I think it would be boring because it wouldn't be based on randomnes or luck, it would be simply farming.

So you wan't to change random lucky drops to hardcore farming for secondhand currency, please don't do this.

I somewhat understand your position, but I'm fulltime stundent and even when I have time won't play that much. While it may be nice to have clear sense of progression toward item you wan't I think it would be boring because it wouldn't be based on randomnes or luck, it would be simply farming.

I hear you, and this is the reason I had this idea. I currently work full-time, and I'm going to be attending school again in the fall. Due to my work schedule (and overtime), I am often forced to miss Alerts for exactly this reason. The recent changes in drop rates for rare materials and blueprints is also currently an issue.

For those reasons, changing to a currency-type system like this would give players a more visible sense of progression toward rare items, and they wouldn't be restricted to farm one area over and over again, unless they wanted materials. The intent behind this was to offer more freedom of choice to the player, and make the process of getting a new blueprint much less painful, while at the same time not trying to make things any harder on players than they need to be for a sense of progression.

If you have better ideas on how to accomplish this, let's talk about them.