Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potatoes... The New Gold!

Dimmondback

How would people feel about some sort of item that would be exceedingly difficult to make but would allow you to remove a potato from an item or warframe? With a possible cost being that the item is no longer there (i.e. it was destroyed to allow use for the potato). How do you guys feel about this?

lol, i want to be able to take my potato on and off my frames. i feel sad having to sell my frames and get no extra cost for it or the fact i cant take it off my frames and put it onto another...but maybe is like a skill (eg, pokemon and other games). you learn it (aka otherwise equip it) but cant take it off.

If it's exceedingly difficult to make, why wouldn't I just make another potato instead? - And wouldn't finding one be LESS useful than finding an actual second potato?

Once you level something to 30 it has no value unless you like using it, so destroying it to get the potato back would be a no brainer and everyone would do it to always have potato gear.

Tricky position...

I like the idea overall, but I have no idea how to make it both balanced and useful.

Edited by VKhaun

Or just do what I do: Don't potato gear you dont like and/or plan on using a lot.

Seriously, ranking something to 30 is not that hard. It's doable in just a few hours, really, and if you have a primary or secondary weapon you really like and is strong, you dont even have to use the weapon you're leveling, since you can just use your better weapons.

Warframes don't really need potatoes to be usable either. It makes things easier, sure, but if you're just ranking them to rank em then I don't see a point in potatoing it. Sure, you might be a bit squishier than normal and/or have weaker/fewer abilities, but this is kind of irrelevant for something that you aren't going to use anymore after only a few hours of play lol.

EDIT: I will say that I do feel that both normal and gold potatoes should be a bit more common in the alert lootpool, though. Their current drop rate is exceptionally silly, and I've only ever seen a single catalyst alert appear naturally during my entire time here, if I remember right. Everything else was manually triggered by DE, though I did get a catalyst as a login reward once lol

Edited by Slifar

EDIT: I will say that I do feel that both normal and gold potatoes should be a bit more common in the alert lootpool, though. Their current drop rate is exceptionally silly, and I've only ever seen a single catalyst alert appear naturally during my entire time here, if I remember right. Everything else was manually triggered by DE, though I did get a catalyst as a login reward once lol

This is why I posted this idea. Their drop-rate is absurdly low. This would give people a way to re-use potatoes on gear, they feel, they don't need or use anymore and could give it to something new that they like. It could be bought to help give devs money (maybe 5 plat?) or crafted such as everything else (but would take a good amount of mats and credits). This would also help give people a reason to use their materials for things they feel would be useful, other than just dumping it into Dojo hallways and waiting for more FORMAs to pop up...