Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Combination System

c4bb0ose

Proposal: - A use for Multiple types of the same thing (like blue prints, made items)

Fluff: - A random replication Device is introduced following discoveries in the void.

How it works: - It would work in a similar fashion to the horodric cube in DIablo 2 or how Team fortress 2 allows for item combinations.

lets say some one keeps getting chassis blue prints, they could place 3 of those chassis blue prints in and get a random (or not depending on how it could be implemented) Systems blue print.

Another example could be someone keeps getting Orkon reactors, however they would like a orkon catalyst instead, add 3 Reactors in and out pops one catalyst, perhaps vice versa if you will.

A random 3 blue prints could be placed in, and a random blue print could pop out. 

A random 3 of anything could be placed in and a random anything could pop out

The same could be used for mods:- If say someone was missing or having rotten luck finding certain mods, combining 3 mods of the same polarity as the mod he/she is looking for would yield one of the same polarity, that could be the one they are looking for.

A random assortment of mods could be put in and a random mod would come out.

Lastly I thought up the idea of a Reduce recoil mod.

In the end, your idea is really good. A lot of people (including myself at the time) loved the cube for dealing with trash loot... but it's the same principle as 'loot area' and 'loot all' commands in MMO's. It's gaining brownie points with players for allowing them to circumvent an original a bad design, instead of just FIXING that bad design.

We should just... not have trash loot... if a person is holding a blueprint for an item they can't equip multiple of and can't gain rank from multiple of, and multiple of that item aren't used (like two pistols -> AKpistol)... then why still drop it? Even if you can come up with some obscure scenario where it should still drop they could make it a check box in the options to drop or not drop duplicates.

I'd still like to see your idea put in though. Once you rank something to 30 it's not worth anything but a few creds right now. I would gladly mush three weapons for a random weapon, or break them down to crafting mats, or mush together three void keys for one higher tier void key. Stuff like that.

Edited by VKhaun

Oh yeh, I forgot about them. I think the system is fun for getting drops, but I also agree with you on the it is useless part if you get duplicates of blue prints etc.

When I was thinking up this I was assuming the multi-drop system was going to stay as is albeit as you said this is a fix for something not quite working.

In the end, your idea is really good. A lot of people (including myself at the time) loved the cube for dealing with trash loot... but it's the same principle as 'loot area' and 'loot all' commands in MMO's. It's gaining brownie points with players for allowing them to circumvent an original a bad design, instead of just FIXING that bad design.

We should just... not have trash loot... if a person is holding a blueprint for an item they can't equip multiple of and can't gain rank from multiple of, and multiple of that item aren't used (like two pistols -> AKpistol)... then why still drop it? Even if you can come up with some obscure scenario where it should still drop they could make it a check box in the options to drop or not drop duplicates.

I'd still like to see your idea put in though. Once you rank something to 30 it's not worth anything but a few creds right now. I would gladly mush three weapons for a random weapon, or break them down to crafting mats, or mush together three void keys for one higher tier void key. Stuff like that.