Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Warframe-Specific) Token Alternative; Reverse-Engineering

Arcalane

I'm sure many of you will be familiar with the experience of receiving {quantity} of {undesired} {Warframe} {component} when you seek {one} {desired} {Warframe} {component}.

So, here's a brief idea on how to make that {desired} {Warframe} {component} a reality, without just grinding that particular boss over and over.

Let's say you possess the main blueprint for a Loki, plus several copies of the Helmet and Chassis. You need the Systems, but they're just not dropping! Man, that RNG. Total A******, right?

On the other hand, you've been beating up Nef Anyo for Gallium, so you have a bunch of spare Mag parts that you don't want or need. Because you can't be bothered to sell them or something.

Now let us imagine the Foundry has a new Reverse Engineer tab. This has 'recipes' for practically every major item you could ever desire, all free of charge, using a huge selection of components. What's the catch? Every output is a blueprint. The other catch? All of the components are other relevant parts.

So I look up the Loki Systems Reverse-Engineering Project. It needs the main Loki blueprint, the completed Loki Helmet, the completed Loki Chassis, and at least one of any other Warframe Systems, plus maybe some other minor material and credit requirements. Sure enough, I have a spare Mag Systems built. I pop all of those in the R-E Project and start it cooking. That'll probably take a couple of days, but no big deal.

I check back later. Done! I now have a shiny new Loki Systems Blueprint I can use to make what I actually want and/or need to complete my Loki. Sure if I didn't have a spare helmet+chassis built I'd have to rebuild those, and I might have to re-buy the main assembly blueprint again, but I have the Systems I've not been able to get.

Ultimately, replacing the 'grind' of trying to get a given warframe part with waiting, and allowing you to focus on playing other stuff - whether it's practical unlocking, beating up other bosses for the materials you'll eventually need, or void tower runs, or whatever.