The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cooler Defense Waves

Xoxile

None of the above just place a big red fella like Captain Vor level 80 with a gorgon.

With a chance of droping something cool ^^

every 5th wave is a boss wave with a chance of dropping a potato.

what the hell? a potato every 5 waves even newbies would be carried away to the top with this, dropping that should be to those who make endeless defenses up to waves 80 or so.

None of the above just place a big red fella like Captain Vor level 80 with a gorgon.

With a chance of droping something cool ^^

what the hell? a potato every 5 waves even newbies would be carried away to the top with this, dropping that should be to those who make endeless defenses up to waves 80 or so.

considering theres been no potato alert for 8 days i wouldnt be surprised if it was a .02%chance. Also i never said it was garunateed now did i. Edited by Skeloton

considering theres been no potato alert for 8 days i wouldnt be surprised if it was a .02%chance. Also i never said it was garunateed now did i.

yea you didn't but it's still a pretty high chance for a map and mission type where there is always players grinding it.

divide that for 100 and we've a start.

yea you didn't but it's still a pretty high chance for a map and mission type where there is always players grinding it.

divide that for 100 and we've a start.

divide it by 100 and no one would ever get and you might as well sit down with your thumb up your &#! waiting for an alert to pop. I would rather be able to farm for it so that the RNG is more under my control. So ok you get a boss every 5 waves but only wave 40+ drop potato BPs for low lvl def missions, 30+ on the mid lvl ones and 20+ on likes of xini? that better?

divide it by 100 and no one would ever get and you might as well sit down with your thumb up your &#! waiting for an alert to pop. I would rather be able to farm for it so that the RNG is more under my control. So ok you get a boss every 5 waves but only wave 40+ drop potato BPs for low lvl def missions, 30+ on the mid lvl ones and 20+ on likes of xini? that better?

a bit better.

controlling the RNG is something you will not do in this game :D

a bit better.

controlling the RNG is something you will not do in this game :D

didn't mean it in that way. With alerts we have no control over our chances to acquire potatos. If you can farm for it then at least you know you'll get it eventually and at your own pace. The last catalyst was 3am and is my only potato since I joined 4days before it popped.

every 5th wave is a boss wave with a chance of dropping a potato.

I like the boss idea but not the potato loot.

The point is that it is great idea to expand on defense missions mechanics.

Some thoughts: 

Add "mini boss" encounters every five waves,

Rare mobs with a better loot table spawning on a small chance that gets higher the further you go.  

Mini events, like Grineer deploying orbital bombardment beacons that players have to destroy before the imminent strike,

Huge infested drawn to the battle, crawl from the underground using tentacle like protrusions that players must  destroy before the beast merges to the surface.

I like the boss idea but not the potato loot.

The point is that it is great idea to expand on defense missions mechanics.

Some thoughts: 

Add "mini boss" encounters every five waves,

Rare mobs with a better loot table spawning on a small chance that gets higher the further you go.  

Mini events, like Grineer deploying orbital bombardment beacons that players have to destroy before the imminent strike,

Huge infested drawn to the battle, crawl from the underground using tentacle like protrusions that players must  destroy before the beast merges to the surface.

yeah i only put potato in because ive only got the one due to there been only one since i joined.

Maybe every 5th wave a miniboss with minions and every 10th is a fully fledged boss thats either alone or with one or two mini bosses as company.

yeah i only put potato in because ive only got the one due to there been only one since i joined.

Maybe every 5th wave a miniboss with minions and every 10th is a fully fledged boss thats either alone or with one or two mini bosses as company.

Understandable. And to elaborate, I like the idea that there is better loot involved (even a potato), with the concept of mini bosses and mini events and from there on, it is a matter of balancing risk vs reward issues.

Concerning specifics, like spawn intervals for these events/ mobs; I guess it is a subject that would require some analysis. Personally I think its important to invest time to add new mechanics in defense missions to begin with, since there is a lot of room to improve without making a huge time investment. With the current implementation I find them tedious and mind numbing at times.