The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me Appreciate Focus...

KuroNekoXlll

Question

I'm not criticizing it as lack luster... I just dont see myself using anything from any of the schools and that pretty much why i havent picked one yet....

In a nutshell

Madura: more slash,impact, puncure damage... lazer beam rekts S#&$

Okay, I'll take damage buff anyday, I'm just not a fan of damage abilities 

Vaz: reflects damage, insta revive friends etc... send's out a wave loaded with all sorts of supportive qualities

BUT TRINITYS GOT BLESS N S#&$ YO D;

Naramon: enhances melee.. specifically crit weapons, offers stealth here and there.

Unairu: get armor, take armor, turn things to stone

Zenurik: GOTTA GO FAST, GOTTA GOT ENERGY!!fsdfnksldfnsaf

I've already got the idea that....pairing a focus with a frame that does similar things as that focus is not the way to go; such as Vaz on trinity...

Team mates are a thing as well...

I'm not seeing the possibilities pretty much

2 answers to this question

Yup, for an "eng-game" ability it shure is underwhelming.

The only thing it is good for are passive abilities, and most of them are not really usefull.

But hey, it's still beta.

Edited by Krios

i like an even stronger energy siphon without the need to sacrifice CP for that, if it stacks with other energy siphons from other Adept of Zenurik, i would imagine having  8 or 12 energy per second is pretty nice -_- 

Insta revives are not bad either. 

For me personally Focus so far looks like a small complimentary buffs/add ons for veterans, very similar to Arcanes, but i do hope some schools or passives will be reworked and made more useful/suck less. Besides, nothing says "Trees" can't expand and new "branches" with stronger S#&$ would not appear, you can even make an event for "Spoiler" - smtn like a powered "Spoiler" up due to smtn, stmn happening in the system with sentients (ancients powers to fight them awoken or smtn along those lines, which Lotus previously Sealed on the Moon to prevent Tenno getting over their heads).