Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Ideas On Minor Gameplay Modifications In Warframe

Warthuug

I wanted to make this post when the question was asked about what DE’s plans on fine-tuning the gameplay aspects of warframe which were not changed since the beginning of the game (basically, common mob enemies, animations, etc). I wanted to post a couple of my ideas, so here goes!

Infestation Mobs

Infested missions are supposed to be the mild horror element in the game, as what I can understand from the background music, ambient sounds and infested sounds in the mission. Perhaps the novelty stays fresh for the new comers when they do their first infested mission on mercury, but it wears off very quickly in the next missions. Now, moving on to the minor gameplay changes:

1) Almost all infested missions should take place in the new Grineer spaceship tileset. The reason behind this is that these ships are already dingy and dark, and with the power being out, it gets quite dark. The darkness could make the players focus more on the ambient sounds to determine where the horde is coming from. Right of now, all infested missions are more of a shooting gallery, hence I think this minor change could make it more interesting

2) The general mobs ratio should be different for different tilesets. What I mean by that is, if the mission takes place in Grineer tileset, there must be more chargers than leapers/runners/crawlers as chargers are the infested version of grineer. Similarly the same for corpus tileset, where there must be more runners/leapers/crawlers than chargers.

Grineer Mobs

With the addition of Grataka as staple gun for lancers and Ignis wielding scorches, they are already well diversified. I know there are millions of threads on grineer modifications, so I will only post one minor gameplay change and move on to corpus.

1) As we all know, Lancers and grataka make a deadly combo, especially at higher levels. And also we all know that they fire in bursts. Now at lower levels, the delays between the bursts were manageable, giving time for the tenno to dodge and weave through the bullets. But as their level increases, the delay gets shorter to such an extent, that it may seem that they are emptying the clip in one go. This is a serious problem, especially given that the grataka fires damn fast. Hence my suggestion would be to slightly increase the “delay” between bursts for higher level lancers. I feel it is the grataka which makes them dangerous, as they are usually a cakewalk in tower 3 missions where they have dera (I think), which fires slower than the grataka.

Corpus Mobs

Now, as the description says, corpus prefer to fight via robot proxies. But in reality, we see a lot more crewmen than ordinary MOAs due to obvious gameplay reasons. My suggestions are as follows:

1) Only in corpus defense missions, there should be larger number of MOAs than crewmen because we know that the corpus are launching an assault on the cryopod.

2) We know that the corpus don’t use bullets, but why does Jackal and Hyena use machine guns as their staple main weapon? Snipetron was gone because it didn’t fit the lore, then what about these bosses’ weapons?

Basic Stealth Gameplay

I wouldn’t talk much on this, hence I’ll just give concise points:

1)Double XP and damage when stealth kill is performed.

2)The tapping animation of the player must be extended to the mobs who go to alert the base via control panel.

3)Control panels can be hacked to temporarily switch off the lights. When lights are out, the enemies vision will be greatly reduced.

4)Random distractions, such as blowing up explosive barrels and stuff should cause the nearby mobs to investigate.

5)Mega Xp bonus to the warframe when mission is completed with no alerts and no kills (bonus modified according to mission difficulty)

Well, this is it. I know this is such a huuuge read for everyone, and I hope some of the devs come across this post. This game is a good game, and this is my feedback on the beta testing of the game.

TL;DR : Read the damn thing or GTFO. This post is about minor gamplay modifications which I believe could be implemented via the hotfix updates.