Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Laser doors are completely stupid.

CakeBandit

laser are annoying but if you know they are there be sure to take out the camera with the red light so that you proceed through. if you have a rhino or excalibur you use slashn' dash or rhino's first ability idk what it is on the top on my head but you can use those to go without shoot the cameras.

There are more than one ways you can skip through laser doors. Shooting cameras is only one of them. Be a little creative with what your frames can do, some are better than others in getting around obstacles like this.

It also reward either quick reflex that let people notice where the camera might be right away, or carefulness that let people check every corner and kill every camera they see, or good memory, because there are only a handful of camera positions in a room. Listen for the very distinct camera sound, look for it, shoot it, move on.

THe only problem it has right now is that new player have no idea what to do at first. Which could be remedied by have lotus tell you what to do after the first time you run face first into a laser door. "Automated security system has been activated. Find the security camera nearby and destroy it to go through" or something like that.

Edited by RainDreamer

There's no button.

There's no indication AT ALL about how you're supposed to deal with the problem.

Destroy camera

OR

Sprint » crouch » Melee trough them lollllllllllllllllllllll

OR the most mindless

Hit 1 while playing excalibur

OR teleport trough it with loki and so on

in my point of view those are to avoidable and to easy to pass and forget ;)

i would like to see stronger lazer beam doors ways

Edited by Stew360

The concept of the laser walls is completely anti-fun. You cannot see them from a distance. Once you've walked up to the door (or sprinting, in most cases) the door splits apart, then only at POINT-BLANK RANGE will you see the lasers. There is no way to see them from a distance. This is very frustrating to new players, and is cumbersome to players that already understand it.

Here are some suggestions for alternatives:

Make the cameras more obvious and make the door less punishing. Instead of making the doors practically 1-shot you, have them simply stop you from passing. No damage, no stuns. In addition, why not have your navigator (the woman communicating with the Teeno throughout the stage) point out when there is a camera that needs to be destroyed nearby? This makes the laser-door scenario less frustrating, and makes you more thankful for your navigator. I like the concept of being "navigated" through the stage, it flows very well and explains dangers and objectives very clearly. It would only take an additional line of dialogue, I think it would be very worth it.

It's pretty easy to figure out, I figured it out within seconds to shoot the cameras out. The lasers do often flick on, but as it's been said it's the ships automated security system but doesn't make much sense of the camera has been shot out.

Maybe adding an option to hack into a panel to disable all cameras would be a nice idea, specially giving how theres now stealth kills. That would be a nifty thing to have to the option to do.

Edited by pnKed

• 4 weeks later...

Laser doors are just another example of what is perhaps the biggest flaw in Warframe at this time, namely the lack of in-game information. There are just so many instances where a player can be left completely stumped if they are not regularly checking forums and/ or wiki. While I'm fine with not being hand-held all through the game, laser doors can be particularly tricky to figure out, especially if you first come across them at a point where you are being hounded by npc's.

I don't have a major problem with laser doors except those times when they trigger just as you are passing through, that is an unavoidable hit that does not really seem in keeping with the overall theme of the game, where your skill at maneuvering can mitigate most, if not all damage.

@OP.. Could we please have more adventures of Bill and Ted- Space Security. I just cracked up at that for some reason :)