Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello! - Again.

AndryB94

I took a very long hiatus from Warframe. Something over a year, maybe two. Last I remember before I quit was a quite big patch that changed the whole damage process as well as the graphical fidelity/settings for the game. Because I've not been able to afford/get a good PC so far, and I've been stuck with a pretty bad laptop for four years, I was unable to properly play Warframe (plus, other things happened in real life) and had to quit.

But I decided to give it a go again. I really can't play this game properly anymore, it's a miracle if I get 30fps on the lowest of settings, but I'm used to it. And I still really like this game. Even with sometimes choppy gameplay I still have fun and do relatively well, although I've been slapped in the face a couple of times when I underestimated my opponents.

At the same time I feel weird, returning to my level 30 Mag with a bunch of resources and weapons. That, and because of my quite powerful Warframe yet not having logged in for a while, the game treats me as if I were a newbie, and I feel like I'm missing or skipping bits of story and quests.

I remember being slightly tired of my Warframe, too (and back then, grinding for a new one was a NIGHTMARE), and hoping to change. I've been considering making a new account to start a new, but I'd like your opinions. What should I do, or what would you do if you were in my place? 

I took a very long hiatus from Warframe. Something over a year, maybe two. Last I remember before I quit was a quite big patch that changed the whole damage process as well as the graphical fidelity/settings for the game. Because I've not been able to afford/get a good PC so far, and I've been stuck with a pretty bad laptop for four years, I was unable to properly play Warframe (plus, other things happened in real life) and had to quit.

But I decided to give it a go again. I really can't play this game properly anymore, it's a miracle if I get 30fps on the lowest of settings, but I'm used to it. And I still really like this game. Even with sometimes choppy gameplay I still have fun and do relatively well, although I've been slapped in the face a couple of times when I underestimated my opponents.

At the same time I feel weird, returning to my level 30 Mag with a bunch of resources and weapons. That, and because of my quite powerful Warframe yet not having logged in for a while, the game treats me as if I were a newbie, and I feel like I'm missing or skipping bits of story and quests.

I remember being slightly tired of my Warframe, too (and back then, grinding for a new one was a NIGHTMARE), and hoping to change. I've been considering making a new account to start a new, but I'd like your opinions. What should I do, or what would you do if you were in my place? 

I know the feeling of playing the game with such a low fps, used to run it on a terrible little laptop lol

Anyways, welcome (back) to the game, a lot has changed since you left. I would advise you to keep your current account, actually. Getting frames is a lot easier, for the most part. ( Unless you count prime warframes, of course c; ) so farming a new one up wont be too hard. If you'd like, you can message/friend me in-game and I can give you a hand! Same username as here on the forums, obvi.

I know the feeling of playing the game with such a low fps, used to run it on a terrible little laptop lol

Anyways, welcome (back) to the game, a lot has changed since you left. I would advise you to keep your current account, actually. Getting frames is a lot easier, for the most part. ( Unless you count prime warframes, of course c; ) so farming a new one up wont be too hard. If you'd like, you can message/friend me in-game and I can give you a hand! Same username as here on the forums, obvi.

It's still playable, which I'm relieved of. Borderline so, I find it a bit harder to get headshots, but I like a challenge.

I've noticed it's easier, I've been getting more blueprint parts in these past few days than in almost a year of playing.

Honestly, I'm just sad many colours are still locked behind platinum, but oh well. I'll make do with my... Valentine colour set *cough cough*

It's still playable, which I'm relieved of. Borderline so, I find it a bit harder to get headshots, but I like a challenge.

I've noticed it's easier, I've been getting more blueprint parts in these past few days than in almost a year of playing.

Honestly, I'm just sad many colours are still locked behind platinum, but oh well. I'll make do with my... Valentine colour set *cough cough*

I love that color set! It has a lot of nice reds~

Yeah frame part drop rates have been overhauled a few times iirc, it's much less of a pain now. I'm logging into the game now for about an hour, if you need any help, don't hesitate to drop me a line

I love that color set! It has a lot of nice reds~

Yeah frame part drop rates have been overhauled a few times iirc, it's much less of a pain now. I'm logging into the game now for about an hour, if you need any help, don't hesitate to drop me a line

I might pop around in half an hour, even just for a bit of a chat and all. Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

Edited by AndryB94

V-sync is such a big tease, isn't it? I feel ya...but there's even a change for that in the setting too if you don't enjoy the usual, screen tearing cutscene and lag also... ; P

A laptop is sure as heck wouldn't fit for a big game like this...so take a grain of salt from my advice and enjoy a computer-style spec for your game, as games shouldn't always be considered abandoned, you know... ; )

hi ! welcome back !!

Thank you :D

V-sync is such a big tease, isn't it? I feel ya...but there's even a change for that in the setting too if you don't enjoy the usual, screen tearing cutscene and lag also... ; P

A laptop is sure as heck wouldn't fit for a big game like this...so take a grain of salt from my advice and enjoy a computer-style spec for your game, as games shouldn't always be considered abandoned, you know... ; )

I know, I know. It used to, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, but not anymore. It doesn't matter, I've been able to run this just fine, playable enough anyway. I'm used to lag since years now, I can get headshots even with sub-par FPS. :D

Welcome back Tenno!