Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is Player Interaction?

CubedOobleck

Besides reviving and a couple powers there is no interaction whatsoever between warframes.

Even the most basic player interaction is missing, we just clip through each other as if we are ghosts, I feel like my molt or an enemy has more presence than my teammate. I know what you are thinking, if players didn't pass through each other then one could just stand in a small doorway and ruin everyone's day, but there are workarounds, for example you could clip through by sliding or jump sliding.

There's only a handful of powers that allow you to interact with other players. In part I blame the community for this, always complaining how annoying griefers are when in truth they have always been rare, in part I blame DE because they are unable to come up with solutions that mitigate griefing without completely removing the interaction a power has to offer.

Moreover, there are very few power that simply give your team a buff or advantage for some indirect interaction and there's really no reason why there can't be more. There are powers that debuff enemies but it is not quite the same thing.

Powers aren't the only thing that matters, this is foremost a coop shooter and yet there isn't even one mechanic in the game that promotes any kind of attention to what other's are shooting: the aggro is terrible so there is no such thing as "I'll provide cover fire", nor is there any wonky stuff like damage bonus if two players focus on the same enemy.

There aren't even things like taunts to entertain each other while waiting in elevators, at extraction or even just chilling in a dojo.

Hell, there's not even a way to brag by allowing a player to view the stuff you are using even if it's just while in lobby. I would love to peek in a friend's arsenal, see what mods he's using and spin his stuff around to get a good look at it.

If you only do your job, killing enemies and stuff, thats all the interaction I need, no more. I dont see Warframe as a social pub in a mission. We're ninjas, we'll do the job and that only.

It doesn't need to be a social pub, but it's a coop game that doesn't feel very coop :S