Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Wonder Why There Isn't Any Realtime Reconnecting Function.

AzraelScythe

I'm keeping bearing the issue that getting disconnected with the host or failling to synchronize account data with the main server till the U18 came. Almost all the members of our clan are complaining about the terrible settlement or link condition which made them harvest nothing after finnishing a long mission or even lost connection and were forced to go back to the ship with nothing except picked-up rewards. For me, it's really usually out of link when I had been doing some endless mission for more than 40 minutes under multiplayer model.

It would say that "the host is migrating" and soon I would be tell that "you had lost connection to the host——Accept". If I click the "accept", I will be sent back to the ship with nothing but sadness and have no opportunity to reconnect with the host to continue that mission. If I "ctrl+F4" and close down the program in the explorer, I'll sometimes be given only one chance to rejoin the session but lost all of the materials and exp that I've got before.

Though that's a way for me to continue the game process, sometimes I fail to rejoin and sometimes there isn't a hint allowing me to rejion, even sometimes the teammates I matched do not wait for my reconnection and extract immediately. Why isn't there any funtion of realtime reconnection and let me be able to reconnect just when I'm told that "you had lost connection to the host"? I do hope there is a function that can ask me "you had lost connection to the host, would you like to reconnect?——Yes/No" and "you failed to reconnect to the host, would you like to try again?——Yes/No" instead of "you had lost connection to the host and you will be sent back to the ship (without rewards)——Accept".

(╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻ I do believe that the engineers of DE are always making efforts to help players (like me) get rid of network problems. But sometimes, actually most of the times, it doesn't work because of the unscrupulous network operators. Why not take another way to relieve that issues? I feel sad about no deserved rewards after making great efforts and spend such a long time. Just think, you were doing an intercept mission for nearly one hours, and you suddenly disconnected to the host at the 16th rounds, you can bring neither the previous 15 round rewards nor a complete victory of the mission back to the ship. I have played for 1936 hours in the game according to the account statistic.

About 200 of the 1936 are no-harvest just because of the lack of realtime reconnecting funtion. I lost over 500 rare fushion cores lv5, hundreds of void keys, over a hundred prime parts or blueprints. Lost of exp and materials are too many to count. I feel sad and exhausted. My problem is not on the network condition but on the connection to the host or the main server. I was never off line but off link (and still on line). When I was asking for help from the custom support, the replies were almost the same—— we just felt sorry about that.

Could I comprehend that words as follows: [ You just disconnected? Hahah, congratulations! What a pity! But we can just be regretful about your experience! We can just help you to reduce the times of disconnection but if you really still have been disconnected, it's none of our business, because of your disconnection. We won't give you a chance to try reconnecting, because you disconnected, it's your fault. We won't give you any reward about this mission, because you have just disconnected, you didn't finnish the game and we expropriated your droit of reconnecting. All above is the punnishment of your "bad" link condition which doesn't suit us. You are wasting time. We won't concentrate on reconnecting function because it might be too difficult to actualize. ]

OK. I'm not complaining about my terrible network bringing too many disconnections. I'm just complaining about I can't reconnect immediately when I get disconnected! I'm complaining about I have almost no chance and allowance to reconnect and have only one chance to upload my data to the server to gain deserved rewards. Why? Why I'm not allowed to continue the game just because an off-link accident and get no pay after pouring so many efforts? Why I'm not allowed to save the data when there's some problem on server-connection and then sychronize them a few hours later? Are those very difficult problems to solve? Or those may cause some bugs for some people to exploit rewards for several times? There're many other games, one can reconnect heaps of times without preconditions unless he or she refuse to reconnect just when the accident happens. I love this game, but the disconnection hurts me.

I'm afraid I will give up playing WARFRAME one month later unless the realtime reconnecting function appears or the reconnecting mechanism gets improving(reconnection 2.0). Forgive me. I can only control my sadness and disappointment for no more than one month, as a girl with fragile hearts. PS:(Sometimes the disconnections come from the fault of a bad host. Once I matched 3 teammates, dig for a long time and harvest 3000+ cryotic, more than 30 r5, the host were off-line just when we 3 clients are just waiting on the extraction piont. Unfortunately, the second host isn't mine. I rejoined just 1 second later than the new host's extraction because the new host stands right on the extraction point and the host is the first one loading into the map. The new host extracted and the 2 new clients including me didn't get the reward because we missed the settlement time. I hope there will be a 30sec joining time for the clients when a migration happens and during the 30 seconds, the host is not allowed to extract in any case.)

I would agree on many fronts. The lack of more advanced functions is one for sure, and the time needed to migrate the host is nothing short of scandalous, but my most overwhelming concern is the very fabric of the netcode currently implemented.

Countless have been the bugfixes that follow the pattern: "fixed X not working on clients". It is very prone to breaking random stuff. Antimatter drop anybody? That poor thing has been broken for probably a year for clients before it has been fixed eventually, and every new frame having plenty of new bugs involving clients and host migrations.

I think its even a big cost on the devs part, wasting time fixing extremely specific bugs, making hard to implement even what you suggested.

A couple of things:

1) paragraphs UP pls buff

2) be as concise as possible, if you want to provide personal experience its entirely ok, but if there is alot of it put it in a spoiler box.

Edited by dadaddadada

I'm keeping bearing the issue that getting disconnected with the host or failling to synchronize account data with the main server till the U18 came. Almost all the members of our clan are complaining about the terrible settlement or link condition which made them harvest nothing after finnishing a long mission or even lost connection, and were forced to go back to the ship with nothing except picked-up rewards.

For me, it's really usually out of link when I had been doing some endless mission for more than 40 minutes under multiplayer model. It would say that "the host is migrating" and soon I would be tell that "you had lost connection to the host——Accept". If I click the "accept", I will be sent back to the ship with nothing but sadness and have no opportunity to reconnect with the host to continue that mission. If I "ctrl+F4" and close down the program in the explorer, I'll sometimes be given only one chance to rejoin the session but lost all of the materials and exp that I've got before.

Though that's a way for me to continue the game process, sometimes I fail to rejoin and sometimes there isn't a hint allowing me to rejion, even sometimes the teammates I matched do not wait for my reconnection and extract immediately. Why isn't there any funtion of realtime reconnection and let me be able to reconnect just when I'm told that "you had lost connection to the host"?

I do hope there is a function that can ask me "you had lost connection to the host, would you like to reconnect?——Yes/No" and "you failed to reconnect to the host, would you like to try again?——Yes/No" instead of "you had lost connection to the host and you will be sent back to the ship (without rewards)——Accept".

(╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

I do believe that the engineers of DE are always making efforts to help players (like me) get rid of network problems. But sometimes, actually most of the times, it doesn't work because of the unscrupulous network operators. Why not take another way to relieve that issues? I feel sad about no deserved rewards after making great efforts and spend such a long time. Just think, you were doing an intercept mission for nearly one hours, and you suddenly disconnected to the host at the 16th rounds, you can bring neither the previous 15 round rewards nor a complete victory of the mission back to the ship.

I have played for 1936 hours in the game according to the account statistic. About 200 of the 1936 are no-harvest just because of the lack of realtime reconnecting funtion. I lost over 500 rare fushion cores lv5, hundreds of void keys, over a hundred prime parts or blueprints. Lost of exp and materials are too many to count. I feel sad and exhausted. My problem is not on the network condition but on the connection to the host or the main server. I was never off line but off link (and still on line).

When I was asking for help from the custom support, the replies were almost the same—— we just felt sorry about that.

Could I comprehend that words as follows:

- You just disconnected? Hahah, congratulations!

- What a pity! But we can just be regretful about your experience!

- We can just help you to reduce the times of disconnection but if you really still have been disconnected, it's none of our business, because of your disconnection.

- We won't give you a chance to try reconnecting, because you disconnected, it's your fault.

- We won't give you any reward about this mission, because you have just disconnected, you didn't finnish the game and we expropriated your droit of reconnecting.

- All above is the punnishment of your "bad" link condition which doesn't suit us.

- You are wasting time. We won't concentrate on reconnecting function because it might be too difficult to actualize

OK. I'm not complaining about my terrible network bringing too many disconnections. I'm just complaining about I can't reconnect immediately when I get disconnected! I'm complaining about I have almost no chance and allowance to reconnect and have only one chance to upload my data to the server to gain deserved rewards. Why?

Why I'm not allowed to continue the game just because an off-link accident and get no pay after pouring so many efforts?

Why I'm not allowed to save the data when there's some problem on server-connection and then sychronize them a few hours later?

Are those very difficult problems to solve? Or those may cause some bugs for some people to exploit rewards for several times?

There're many other games, one can reconnect heaps of times without preconditions unless he or she refuse to reconnect just when the accident happens. I love this game, but the disconnection hurts me. I'm afraid I will give up playing WARFRAME one month later unless the realtime reconnecting function appears or the reconnecting mechanism gets improving(reconnection 2.0). Forgive me. I can only control my sadness and disappointment for no more than one month, as a girl with fragile hearts.

PS: (Sometimes the disconnections come from the fault of a bad host. Once I matched 3 teammates, dig for a long time and harvest 3000+ cryotic, more than 30 r5, the host were off-line just when we 3 clients are just waiting on the extraction piont. Unfortunately, the second host isn't mine. I rejoined just 1 second later than the new host's extraction because the new host stands right on the extraction point and the host is the first one loading into the map. The new host extracted and the 2 new clients including me didn't get the reward because we missed the settlement time. I hope there will be a 30sec joining time for the clients when a migration happens and during the 30 seconds, the host is not allowed to extract in any case.)

Okay, now I need to read the whole thing down now.

Edited by Athros

I would agree on many fronts. The lack of more advanced functions is one for sure, and the time needed to migrate the host is nothing short of scandalous, but my most overwhelming concern is the very fabric of the netcode currently implemented.

Countless have been the bugfixes that follow the pattern: "fixed X not working on clients". It is very prone to breaking random stuff. Antimatter drop anybody? That poor thing has been broken for probably a year for clients before it has been fixed eventually, and every new frame having plenty of new bugs involving clients and host migrations.

I think its even a big cost on the devs part, wasting time fixing extremely specific bugs, making hard to implement even what you suggested.

A couple of things:

1) paragraphs UP pls buff

2) be as concise as possible, if you want to provide personal experience its entirely ok, but if there is alot of it put it in a spoiler box.

Sorry. I tried paragraphing, however they became a mass finnally after they were posted.

I hold the opinion that if we can ctrl+f4 and rejoin, we will also can make it right when we drop. Restart the game program will cost about more than one minute, teammates especially matched teammates may not wait for you. And close the program violently will ruin some of the data, that made you lost your rewards before.