Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Events Suggestion

Teneroth

So I just watched live stream 6 and they talked about clan raids, or events. And, being a game designer wannabe myself I figure I'll throw my two cents in. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I somehow doubt it.

Right now clans have dojo's which do interesting things, but I think there is more that can be done... a lot more. The main thing I would like to see (or help with if the devs feel like asking for it) is something I call 'Orders.' 

Here is how an Order works in a nutshell: Every clan can become a member of a certain Order. Orders provide bonus depending on the Clan's position within an order, and offer access to Order Alerts, Clan wide missions, and Order missions. Orders are non player owned organizations which clans can be members.

To try and explain what I mean I'm going to make up a couple Orders. The Order of the Tiger and the Order of the Hawk. Both orders have their little preferences. In this case Tiger prefers Melee combat and Hawk prefers long guns. Their missions and bonus are based around their order personality. 

Let's say my clan wants to join the Hawks, because we likes birds, the clan builds an Order Embassy (or something) in the Dojo and, when it's done, goes there to talk/communicate with the Order of the Hawk. This opens up a clan wide mission which any clan member can contribute to. The mission is, lets say, score so many kills with long guns. Any kill with a long gun by any clan member counts towards this. Let's say the Hawks prefer small clans and hate the Infected. Because of this the total number of kills goes up faster the more members in the clan (and increases as more members join during the mission) and infected kills with a long gun count for two. 

After finishing the mission the clan leader talks with the Hawks again and accepts an invitation to their Order. The order embassy becomes an Order of the Hawk room, unlocks additional order rooms, and a number of other cool things.

Within an Order each clan has a Reputation Level, basically like Mastery level for the clan. In the case of the Hawks master might be earned by ranking up long guns by clan members, killing infected, and tends to reward smaller clans more by increasing the amount of reputation by bucket loads for larger clans. When a clan reaches the next level of rep they get another clan mission, similar to the entry one, before they can jump up to the next rep level. My little clan quickly advances up the reputation levels and unlocks things like reduced resource requirements for long gun construction by clan members, special alerts that have a higher chance of dropping long gun blue prints that only Hawk Clans can take part in, and maybe even a special item only available to members of that order, in this case a special long gun.

Eventually we start gaining more members, they hear about how high we are in the Order of the Hawk and everyone suddenly wants to join for bonuses. However, remember how I said that the Hawks prefer small clans? As we get more and more members the bonuses to resource costs and the like are reduced, our clan gets fewer Order Alerts, and we start loosing rep levels. 

The clan leader decides that, instead of mass kicking people to regain our reputation as elite Order of the Hawk Warriors, to change the clan to the Order of the Tiger. By leaving the Hawks we loose all bonuses, all Order Rooms in the Dojo go dark, and we can no longer buy or build Order of the Hawk weapons. However, we now apply for the Order of the Tiger.

Tigers are different, they prefer melee combat, larger clans and hate the Corpus. They give the clan a mission to get a number of melee kills, with Corpus kills counting double, and have little to no kill total increase based upon clan size, but the number of kills required base is much higher. With the larger clan we now blow through the kills required and begin working up the Tiger Rep levels. We are set to rep level 0 because we abandoned our last order, a dishonorable act, and must re-establish ourselves as a reputable clan. 

Basically all Orders have their own sense of what is honorable. The Order of the Rat may find the most honor in stealth, and grant more reputation on a stealth kill. The Raven Order likes shiny things, and grants rep by finding loot and credits. All sorts of things like that.

Most order bonuses will be on a clan wide scale, for example, granting the clan access to a special blueprint you can purchase from only them and build only at their Order Forge room in the Dojo. They may also have passive bonuses to all clan members, like reducing the resource cost of their favorite weapon type, or increasing credit drop rates from their hated foe. The amount of bonus depends on what the order finds honorable in the clan. For example, the Hawks loved smaller clans, as they see the greatest honor in small groups, not masses of people. The smaller a Hawk clan is the greater their bonuses, to a cap. As a clan's reputation level increases so do the bonuses and the kinds of bonuses available. 

Maybe each Order will have a special Warframe mod which grants bonuses based on the clan's reputation and honor in the eyes of the order. Maybe a Hawk mod will increase rifle damage based upon the rep level of the clan and it's size. Or a Tiger mod will increase melee damage, and increase it further the more allies you have around you. 

I think this is an interesting Idea, any one else like it?