Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Was Disappointed With U8, But I Did Not Want To Be.

Spooghetti

I'm unsure where as to start with this topic as I feel like a lot of things need addressing, I've mostly stopped playing the last few days completely as after the disappointment that was the Dojo weapons I decided to spend my time elsewhere and keep an eye on Warframe in the future, fingers crossed for U9.

I did put money into Warframe and generally felt like it wasn't wasted for the hours of entertainment I got in return, but I'll most likely be avoiding putting anymore into the title until I see how later updates pan out.

I guess I'll start with the positives of the game, I love the design overall, I like the atmosphere and how each faction is different.

I like the team overall, playing a lot of larger titles made me realize how I hate how larger companies have to be so tight lipped about everything, the transparency is a good feeling you have going for you, the livestreams are enjoyable because of this, it's more "face-to-face" in the sense that it feels more human than what a post does, even if this somewhat pulls hours away from your actual work, simply put, I like you as a company, more than I can say for a majority of this industry.

I like your take on the F2P aspect, the foundry is maybe my favorite way(in theory) a F2P has been handled, it does have its issues with disappointment being multiplied when you spend one day waiting for something to craft and it's....well....rather bad.

Now for the nasty stuff, I did not like U8 for multiple reasons, I can't really pin down the biggest one but I'll start with the Void as it was one of the major pieces released.

In concept I liked the Void, visually it was fantastic, the problem with the Void for me was three fold.

For such a place that is "difficult" to access it poses very little threat, enemies were all reskins of the easiest and least threatening enemies of each faction, the only things that ever was an annoyance were the heavy gunners if you got close enough to be knocked down, it felt like nothing new from a gunplay perspective.

The traps were a nice flavor piece for the Void and certainly gave it more of an identity than a pretty place, but so so so so not threatening at all when all the lasers could just be shot out with relative ease.

The only ones where this isn't really a problem is the timed rooms which are good but really serve no purpose once you know how to run them, I would've liked to have seen a way in which the lasers randomly generate in a few different ways to get rid of that monotonous feeling.

The last point, I didn't really understand the key acquisition system, the alert system made more sense from the perspective of collecting these keys requiring urgency(Potential key found by the Corpus, go steal it before they move it out of our reach!), but instead it was put into the.....http://i.imgur.com/j7tUjix.gif'>defense drops...wait, what?

The alert system is already suffering from the problem of not having enough unique items in it, which is why I don't like it in it's current form, it has so much fluff via credit alerts that it's rarely worth getting onto Warframe to do anything unless something you don't have a specific item from the alert system, I have played for maybe 2~ months and got everything besides one item from the alert system, but that specific item hasn't popped at all yet.

Either way the alert system felt like the best place for keys to be because right now once you have gotten one of every blueprint you have no reason to look at alerts save for potatoes https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57437-attention-dethe-biggest-nerf-of-u8-everyone-missed-orokin-reactorscatalyst-alerts/'>but we all know how well those are fairing apparently.

The best part about the alert system in my eyes is this: It is impossible to be unlucky, because you are guaranteed the drop at the end, but take away from that what you will, I know I hated farming keys on defense, I liked playing because I wanted to, not because I needed to grind to see content.

The Dojo had a lot of issues for me but thankfully I don't really need to include them now as everyone else seemed to have yelled loud enough to get the point across.

The rest of my issues mostly result in more basic things that I hope would've had more attention in U8 but didn't end up happening, which left me really confused as some things are gameplay related and things you see in every mission you play, from hour one to hour 100+ of gameplay.

The controls and fluidity of movement for me is the biggest reason for this thread, hands down.

Putting this in perspective most of my time played is with two friends, the amount of times I have heard them or myself repeatedly cursing at the controls or responsiveness of the controls during the course of a day is rather large.

Things like falling half a meter, having to roll and consequently lose all control for a few seconds.

I don't understand why wallrunning requires the jump button at all, most games simply have you sprint at the wall while holding sprint and running at a wall at a left, right or vertical angle determines which way you go, pressing jump while wallrunning should push you off the wall the way it currently works now when you release jump during a run.

Running up a wall to get onto a ledge is awkward as hell, running vertical and holding forward to climb onto the ledge is how you'd expect it to work, but instead you are required to sprint, jump and hold, and press a third key to go forward onto the ledge.....it just makes no sense.

I'm not a developer, I have no idea if these sorts of things are large overhauls or relatively simple fixes on your end, but as a player, I do know these are important and they are noticeable, it was noticeable when I started playing, it is noticeable at 100+ hours, I can't realistically emphasize the point on my end any harder than that.

I'll end my post here, all of this is my opinion, very well aware that it may not be correct for everyone but this is how I overall feel towards the game and U8 currently, I like Warframe, but it needs changes for me to continue liking it.

How I feel typing all this out:

tqO84Ic.gif

Too bad almost all replies to this will be handwaved with "beta is beta".

Most likely.

The problem as I see it is that the controls and UI are foundation content, if it's not properly supported early on, the rest of the game suffers for it in the long run.