Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Powers Are The Same At Level 1 As Level 0?

Snowball

Maybe I missed something, or maybe there's a reason. According to the wiki, (yes, I know you shouldn't trust a wiki 100%) powers are no different at level 1 than they are at level 0. Be it damage, duration, or quality period. Is it supposed to be like this, or is it a screw up? I would assume level 1 would have atleast some improvement, but maybe I missed the explanation.

Um, not to be a total smart &#! but lets cover the basics like have you played the game? Do you know what mods are?

Short answer, to the best of my knowledge there is no difference in an ability at level 0 in an unranked frame and an ability at level 0 in a frame ranked 30. The frame ranks up separate from your abilities. You have to improve your abilities yourself using the mod system. Things like focus, continuity, flow, streamline, stretch will all have an effect on your abilities as will leveling up the abilities themselves. Before you ask, mods drop randomly as you play the game from killed mobs (enemies).

Also you may attract more help, and less sarcasm with basic questions like this if you post them in the "players helping players" section.

Just a thought / observation.

Edit: I am a dumbass.

Edited by Carcharias

Um, not to be a total smart &#! but lets cover the basics like have you played the game? Do you know what mods are?

Short answer, to the best of my knowledge there is no difference in an ability at level 0 in an unranked frame and an ability at level 0 in a frame ranked 30. The frame ranks up separate from your abilities. You have to improve your abilities yourself using the mod system. Things like focus, continuity, flow, streamline, stretch will all have an effect on your abilities as will leveling up the abilities themselves. Before you ask, mods drop randomly as you play the game from killed mobs (enemies).

Also you may attract more help, and less sarcasm with basic questions like this if you post them in the "players helping players" section.

That was not what he meant AT ALL. He meant the mod level. And according to the wiki, most Warframe Ability mods that I've seen have no difference between being completely clean and the first upgrade. You seem to be a little eager to attack someone. It seem like you didn't really even read his post.

As for answering your question, Red_Sun, I know what you mean, and I've seen the same thing on the wiki. I've done some testing and it seems to me like the wiki is correct. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be that way or not. My only thought is that maybe it is supposed to be this way, so that you have to put a little extra effort into leveling abilities before you see results. Maybe it's the developers way of ensuring that abilities aren't quite so easy to max out.

You completely misinterpreted his question.  Please try to read a post properly before responding with sarcasm.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Observation: Warframe abilities have 4 ranks to them. They start at a Rank 0, then proceed to Rank 1, then 2, and finally end at three. From gathering information from prior updates and players, warframe abilities originally only had 3 ranks.

Issue: In almost all cases of warframe abilities, going from rank 0, the base rank of an ability, to rank 1 provides no bonus. This essentially uses 4 more points on a warframe than required for no benefit.

Examples:

Slash Dash Damage: 150 / 150 / 225 / 500

Shuriken Damage: 100 / 100 / 250 / 350

World on Fire Damage: 250 / 250 / 300 / 400

Ice Wave Damage: 300 / 300 / 445 / 565

Suggestions: I personally can only recommend that the abilities of each warframe be reviewed one by one for their scaling. If each ability needs to cost a single point more due to balance, then make them cost a point more rather than having the player fuse an extra step. Fusion makes a player feel that they have improved a mod to have increased power, but many of the ability mods do not do this on the first step and can lead to confusion.

Fusion makes a player feel that they have improved a mod to have increased power, but many of the ability mods do not do this on the first step and can lead to confusion.

I feel sorry for any Frost who actually up'd their Snow Globe mod. I did the first time around, took me forever to find a second. =_=

Edited by LaznAzn

I really don't get this.

You spend fusion cores or other mods to get a power to level 1, only for... no change.

You then have to level yourself up just to finally get enough room to level it up again, after wasting more mods, just for it to finally get a change.

It doesn't feel good at all.

As point out by others, somehow I completely misunderstood the question. My apologies Red_Sun. For what it's worth I did read the question, I just missed the meaning. If you were here I pour you a beer, but since you're not these words will have to do. Again and finally, apologies.

Edited by Carcharias

If you don't level to 1 you won't be able to level to 2/3 so just see it as a little "startup-fee" and imagine that Level 0->1 is the fundament, you wouldn't build a house on sand either.

Edited by Xafei

As point out by others, somehow I completely misunderstood the question. My apologies Red_Sun. For what it's worth I did read the question, I just missed the meaning. If you were here I pour you a beer, but since you're not these words will have to do. Again and finally, apologies.

Very awesome of you to apologize. Good on ya, man,

Very awesome of you to apologize. Good on ya, man,

My life experience (military, oilfield, healthcare) has left me somewhat cynical. I freely admit that I am a smart &#!. That usually isn't a critical failure, but it does make errors worse. I offer no excuse, it was an honest mistake on my part, best way to deal with those is to put your hat in hand, admit it, and put it behind you.

But this thread isn't about me and my abilities to put my foot in my mouth and then apologize.

On point I do find myself agreeing with the main point. (thanx for the numbers Nehmetawy) When you go from level 0 to 1 you have had to apply at least one mod in the fusion process to achieve this, stands to reason there should be an increase of some definable amount. To the best of my understanding every other mod as an upgrade of some kind going from 0 to 1 , why not the abilities? I would be curious to here the Devs response to the question as it seems kinda curious to put in something and get back nothing for your effort.

Edited by Carcharias

Eh, I didn't see the original post until now, so no harm done. Thanks for the apology though.

We have all had bad days, and acted like total elitist jerks to make ourselves feel better. Don't sweat it bro, this embarrassment will soon be swept into the internets nether realms.

I like having those extra cards for when I build the matching frame. Y DE MAEK IT NO FUN TO LVL POWERS!? Pls have ferst level affect power.