Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Commmon/uncommon Version Of Rares

Excitonex

I've noticed many many people complaining about how hard it is to get some of the 'required' damage mods like multishot. The drop rates for these mods seems better than most RPGs so why do people complain? There are 3 reasons:

1. Rare weapon mods share the drop pool with abilities. This I don't expect to change as there are always trash drops in RPGs. Even rares are trash sometimes so complaining about this aspect makes little sense to me.

2. Rare mods don't drop in a specific area. There's no where a player can go to make sure they're increasing their chance of getting said mod. We need drops to scale off enemy level so high level waves are worth fighting.

3. Availability of the rare mod stats. This is the heart of the topic. In many RPG's you don't feel like you NEED every single rare because you can find an uncommon or common with a fraction of the stats. Perhaps if we introduced common and uncommon version of rare mods that ran at 25% and 50% power respectively this would help with the issue of people feeling so left out.

So multishot for the pistol would be 10% per rank as an uncommon mod and when you get the common it only increases 5% per rank. Obviously this requires the mod to take a bit less energy, maybe a 10-20% reduction for each rarity level. This should make it so the rare mods are still valuable to every player but it's not the only mod that will get the job done in a pinch.

Edited by Excitonex

Or it's simply because people don't understand the definition of "Rare"

That is an issue with void-only items. However, multishot for the pistol doubles your damage. I can see how it would be frustrating to farm for a hundred hours and not ever see it. Eventually when DE introduces an end-game it will be required that players can do a certain amount of damage to move forward. Introducing less-rare versions of multishot would make it so they are not at a huge disadvantage while they look for rare multishot.

That is an issue with void-only items. However, multishot for the pistol doubles your damage. I can see how it would be frustrating to farm for a hundred hours and not ever see it. Eventually when DE introduces an end-game it will be required that players can do a certain amount of damage to move forward. Introducing less-rare versions of multishot would make it so they are not at a huge disadvantage while they look for rare multishot.

Adding multiple types of the same mod ruins the point of having a rarity system in the first place, all you'd achieve is cluttering the RNG system and you'll most likely keep getting junk mods over and over which wouldn't solve it at all.

Rare is exactly what it means, rare. It will take awhile to find it but the reward and self satisfaction is guaranteed.

I reset my account recently, and I've managed to find all the mods I needed to get my gear into a decent order as I did prior to the reset and all it took was a little work and dedication from my end. A lot of the posts I see today about RNG and drop rates for rares are just people being plain lazy.

Adding multiple types of the same mod ruins the point of having a rarity system in the first place, all you'd achieve is cluttering the RNG system and you'll most likely keep getting junk mods over and over which wouldn't solve it at all.

Rare is exactly what it means, rare. It will take awhile to find it but the reward and self satisfaction is guaranteed.

I reset my account recently, and I've managed to find all the mods I needed to get my gear into a decent order as I did prior to the reset and all it took was a little work and dedication from my end. A lot of the posts I see today about RNG and drop rates for rares are just people being plain lazy.

I believe you misunderstand how drop systems usually work. The number of common or uncommon mods does not in any way affect your chance to get a rare mod. Rares will still be valuable because they'll be twice as strong as uncommons and quadruple the strength of a common of the same name.

I don't have any issues with the RNG currently in the game but belittling the people with less time or luck does nothing to improve the game. This is simply a solution to the all-or-nothing style of mod distribution we have now.

I didn't have a huge issue with the system before because while it took some time to get the mods, I was gated by the mod leveling process anyway. Now that I'm starting to max out mods I'm not even currently using it's starting to get irritating I haven't found Barrel Diffusion yet, because I have one weapon slot being held back due to lacking it. It also doesn't feel good that I'm constantly getting Rare mods I don't need, like how I got 3 Vital Senses this week. Having lesser versions of mods could be an interesting way to tackle this problem, but they would have to be a lot weaker (for example, Uncommon Multishot should be like half of Rare's value).