Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd Like To Keep Warframe Skins And Abilities Seperate

Raiq

Customization is a big part of the game,  particularly in regards to expanding it. The game borrows quite a bit from DnD esque RPG character class roles, and aims to put more emphasis on the lore.

The game does not allow your warframes gender to be customized...right now. Just as a lot of things we have did not used to exist. The game just introduced some player character insert to customize with gender, and allowing for dual gender choices of frames was an original plan of the game, they only refrained originally, due to time constraints and not enough man power. Though with how much they have expanded in tools, techniques and staff, this assignment can inevitably be assigned with less effort than when they started.  Not that I'm really in a rush to have this in the game myself, but if people want this then requesting it long enough can inevitably convince them to lay down plans for it in the future, or vet community built models.

This game is built off of crowd sourcing afterall. There have been many things put in that people thought would never happen if you have been following since the early days.

It borrows themes from RPGs, but it is NOT an RPG.  They based characters around some of the roles because they're basically what people expect, a warrior, knight, etc. 

You're quite right in mentioning that there are a few things that have been added that were initially decided not to happen, but as I've been brought to understand, they were generally things that they didn't think were needed at the time of mention, or took too much time or resources to accomplish.  As that stands, it's perfectly feasible to be open-minded about alternate gendered frames, but, as I've also come to understand, that was thrown away as a concept a very, very long time ago. 

Nyx is what female Excalibur would have been, as I've always read it, it was only a very small matter of cost and time constraints on why they tossed the idea, but far more to do with the fact that they didn't want to expend efforts on something that was purely cosmetic, when they could instead use the design ideas they had to make wildly different frames, different powers, different characters altogether.  From my understanding of it as such, I don't personally see them pursuing alternative gender skins until they've either slowed down or stopped altogether on warframe production, and even if they do, they'll have to make a big change to a lot of the lore (which, let's be honest, is vague as far as the warframes are concerned....for now). 

So maybe one day, but I don't personally assume any time soon.

It borrows themes from RPGs, but it is NOT an RPG.  They based characters around some of the roles because they're basically what people expect, a warrior, knight, etc. 

You're quite right in mentioning that there are a few things that have been added that were initially decided not to happen, but as I've been brought to understand, they were generally things that they didn't think were needed at the time of mention, or took too much time or resources to accomplish.  As that stands, it's perfectly feasible to be open-minded about alternate gendered frames, but, as I've also come to understand, that was thrown away as a concept a very, very long time ago. 

Nyx is what female Excalibur would have been, as I've always read it, it was only a very small matter of cost and time constraints on why they tossed the idea, but far more to do with the fact that they didn't want to expend efforts on something that was purely cosmetic, when they could instead use the design ideas they had to make wildly different frames, different powers, different characters altogether.  From my understanding of it as such, I don't personally see them pursuing alternative gender skins until they've either slowed down or stopped altogether on warframe production, and even if they do, they'll have to make a big change to a lot of the lore (which, let's be honest, is vague as far as the warframes are concerned....for now). 

So maybe one day, but I don't personally assume any time soon.

Everyone expects D&D character classes in every game huh, just like Tomb Raider, amirite?

You keep speaking in the now, I am speaking in spirit and expansion of the game. I never said they would most certainly have everything he asked completed for him right now or anything. No one thought there would be hub areas with NPCs and other player characters in the game ether, yet here they are. Another RPG inspiration. There is a desire by the devs to expand on these RPG themes and features.

Edited by UrielColtan

Why should anyone cater to customers?

Customer would be the correct word, not customer.

The op is asking DE or at least the Art Team to drop everything in order to fulfill his desire. DE has already given players the option to customize the gender of their Operator. You play as the operator controlling these avatars of destruction in attempt to restore balance to the system.

At this point after all the customization options given to us the OP is asking nothing short of Fan-Service.

Everyone expects D&D character classes in every game huh, just like Tomb Raider, amirite?

You keep speaking in the now, I am speaking in spirit and expansion of the game. I never said they would most certainly have everything he asked completed for him right now or anything. No one thought there would be hub areas with NPCs and other player characters in the game ether, yet here they are. Another RPG inspiration. There is a desire by the devs to expand on these RPG themes and features.

Ah, weak arguments based around things I never said. You should go into politics, I'm done.