Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ingame Creepypasta Suggestions

Urizjel

Since stalker is no longer scary we should invent something even more terrifying . Maybe something like herobrine from minecraft or g man form half life series . You know something or someone  that will appear in front of the player (in complete darkness while player cannot move) staring at him for few sec , taunting him and then disappear .

with proper sounds it will be realy cool (

)

what you guys think ? Feel free to comment and post your suggestions 

sry for my english I'm still learning

Well, I was going to ask you why would you want a action game to be turned into a terror game but then I'd be questioning Minecraft, as well.

I guess Stalker could be scarier, yeah, or something different. The Stalker is still scary for me but it ends as soon as he attacks me but I don't want for it to pop right on my screen while screaming like a possessed child. But your suggestion sounds good for me, since I love terrifying, dark styled games.

It should be like a secret, like Herobrine, from Minecraft. I never really got to meet him but I met something alike in different games. Take FEAR for example - your normal shooter game when suddenly you see something close to you and watching you.

why not an infested leviathan (or something along those lines)?  Like, say you're doing an infested mission, and then all of a sudden you hear a really strange sound and then this guy shows up.

worm_by_tira_owl-d581uav.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I'd sh*t myself if saw this guy come out of nowhere.

Edited by Boomstick720

You kidding? We'd all be demanding to fight an infested leviathan..."thank god, finally a boss that's bigger than a box"

I wouldn't really call g-man creepy...he was just always out of reach.

Herobrine was community made, never in the game, despite what the changelogs claim.

Edited by Ghobe

You kidding? We'd all be demanding to fight an infested leviathan..."thank god, finally a boss that's bigger than a box"

I wouldn't really call g-man creepy...he was just always out of reach.

Herobrine was community made, never in the game, despite what the changelogs claim.

Fair enough... alright what if there were just more "broken spaceship" sounds in the level playing up to him?  

Just spitballin here~

Fair enough... alright what if there were just more "broken spaceship" sounds in the level playing up to him?  

Just spitballin here~

Broken spaceship sounds? Have you played warframe? Most of the ships I go through look like they're a spitball away from imploding.

I mean noticeable stuff.  Like very loud creaking or even ship vibrations.  Stuff that will actually make you think "what the hell was that", instead of "meh".

If that happened, I would fully expect to fight it at the end of the level. That's kind of the norm for massive class enemies. Most of this would pretty much leave me, personally, unphased though.

The creepiest stuff tends be when you think you see something at a glance, look back, and what you thought you saw....wasn't there and there isn't anything there that could be mistaken for it. Bonus if in a multiplayer game, you're the ONLY one to see it.

EDIT: This is of course excluding everyone's personal fears.

Edited by Ghobe

why not an infested leviathan (or something along those lines)?  Like, say you're doing an infested mission, and then all of a sudden you hear a really strange sound and then this guy shows up.

worm_by_tira_owl-d581uav.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I'd sh*t myself if saw this guy come out of nowhere.

wow realy nice

True, but this is a slash and dash shoot em up ninja game, so they don't really have the luxury of being "subtle" as with most horror games.  Subtlety can be truly terrifying, such as in Amnesia, but it would be incredibly difficult to pull off in a game in which things could be easily attributable to bugs (there is a lot of them).

Now on the other hand, if you have something that is very noticeable for a few seconds appear to a single player, that may be something, but if it has no meaning its not worth the effort, at least IMO.  

The key is in a fast paced team game, the key things you'd need to do to make something "scary" is 1. Split people up, and 2. Use a lot of loud intimidating noises.  If you don't address the first problem, no one will notice or care if you have scary stuff, and if you don't address the second, not a whole lot of people will pick up on it.

Edited by Boomstick720

This isn't a horror game, and your examples were hardly good ones of scary games.

The biggest issue is that any horror element becomes exponentially less scary when playing with a group, and this is a team-based game.