Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mod Ideas] Changing Playstyle

LuckyOverload

I've noticed that most mods in the game do not encourage a specific playstyle. Be you stealth, run and gun, tank or traditional cover/shooter, there are very few mods that encourage tailoring a specific playstyle. If anything, rushing (running past enemies for clear time) is most encouraged, given all of the stamina mods.

I've thought up a few mods in my free time that would encourage more diverse playstyles and would allow players to customize not just the statistics of their warframe/weapon, but their capabilities. Hear me out.

(Warframe)

Tesla Coil / Thermal Conduction / Super Coolant - Increase Electric/Fire/Frost damage dealt by 4/8/12/16/20%

- The purpose of these mods is to allow warframes to specialize in their specific element, namely Volt, Ember and Frost

Feedback - Have a 3/6/9/12/15% chance to return incoming ranged damage as electric damage

- Grants a passive damage return that specifically counters Corpus

(EDIT - Obviously, I did no Retribution exists. GG)

Combustion - Have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to return incoming melee damage as fire damage

- Grants a passive damage return that specifically counters Infested

(EDIT - See Above Edit)

Stuntman - Increase damage by 4/8/12/16/20% while airborne or sliding

- Currently, while freerunning in combat grants you cool points, one's combat efficiency decreases since landing shots is significantly harder while flying across a room. This mod encourages more high difficulty play.

First Conctact - Deals 4/8/12/16/20% of current shield strength as damage on high speed impact

- Jump kicking, while cool, does little to nothing besides knocking people down while rushing past them. This mod makes jump kicking and slide dashing into people a viable attacking option. Also works with Ash's Teleport, Excalibur's Slash and Dash, Rhino's Charge and Volt's Speed

Adrenaline Rush - Taking health damage grants 5/10/15/20/25% move speed for 1.5 seconds

- A panic button that enables front liners like Excalibur, Ash and Loki to escape quickly. Also helps players escape poison clouds.

Tractor Field - Pick up radius increased by 2/4/6/8/10 m.

- Allows speed runs to be much more simple. Also helps mitigate the sadness of seeing a nearby mod or mat fall off the world.

(Sentinel)

Siren - Draws aggro for 1/2/3/4 seconds from enemies 3/6/9/12 m from warframe whose shields are down.

- Increasing warframe survivability is always nice (WYRM)

Shredder - Decreases nearby enemy resistances to electric/fire/ice

- Again, attempts to encourage more elemental specialization. (SHADE)

Concentrated Fire.

- Targets enemy being shot by owner. (DETHCUBE)

(Primary/Secondary)

Sharpshooter (RIFLE) / Pistolero (PISTOL) - Increases accuracy while zoomed in by 4/8/12/16/20%

- Allows relatively inaccurate weapons like the Braton and Boltor longer range viability.

Grapeshot - Increases shotgun spread by 10/20/30/40/50%

- While increasing spread decreases the damage of a shogun, by increasing the spread and adding elemental mods, the shotgun becomes a much more potent crowd control weapon, capable of afflicting an entire swarm of enemies with debuffs.

Snapshot (Rifle) / Reflexive Shot (Shotgun) / 1 in the Chamber (Pistol) - Increases damage of the first shot fired by 4/8/12/16/20% if reloaded recently within the last second.

- Primarily meant to boost high damage, low fire rate weapons like the Vulkar, Hek and Lex. The "last second" clause means the mod only benefits players with quick target acquisition.

Inertial Amp - Decreases spin up and charge time by 4/8/12/16/20%

- Meant to enable Gorgon, Paris/Dread, and Ogris to deal more damage right off the bat.

Dexterity - Use certain primary weapons while carrying the storage unit.

- Cannot use certain weapons like Paris/Dread, Ogris, Gorgon and other "heavy" weapons

(Melee)

Lunge - Incompletely charged melee attacks dash 1/2/3/4/5 metres towards a viable target.

- Essentially a gap closer. Uses the wall running melee animation

Executioner - Stealth and ground finisher damage is increased by 7.5/15/22.5/30/37.5/45%

- Because not finishing off an opponent with a stealth or ground finisher attack is just weird.

Grand Slam - Increases Jump Attack radius by 7.5/15/22.5/30/37.5/45%

- Increases general crowd control of melee focused builds

Blood Frenzy - Melee kills grant 5/10/15/20/25% attack and move speed for 2 seconds.

- Encourages standard melee attack builds.

Pure Power - Charged attacks knock back targets by 1/2/3/4/5 m.

- Killing someone with a charged Fragor SHOULD knock someone away at least.

Tension - Can hold charged attack for an additional 1/2/3/4/5 seconds.

- Prevents meleers from premature attacking. Weapon will glow to indicate full charge.

Low Sweep - Dash attack knocks down enemies.

- While enemies may stumble when struck with a dash attack, this one allows for full followup with ground finishers.

Anyways, just some ideas I had that I needed to write down somewhere. Hopefully some of these inspire the DE around here.

Edited by LuckyOverload