The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Dera Even Worse Than Grakata?

Kordy

I am fully able to read, but thank you for your concern.

Complaining can be done in various ways. But not all of them are constructive, however.

It can kill those level 15 Grineer at level 1 with the same way he did with the Dera ? Wow, that's quite a gun that kicks &#!!

Then your problem is reading comprehension.

It's been proven that it is a S#&$ weapon with a horribly high price that amounts to nothing. Sounds constructive enough to anyone willing to make things better.

I wonder where in my post I said it could kill all those Grineers? Oh wait, it's not there at all, you're putting your words in my mouth and then giving me sass for them. Grand.

And the Furis would be able to down 2 if not 3 of them. It'b be doing triple the damage the Dera is doing.

what is everyone's obsession with weapon level.  Weapon level is an meaningless number.  A level 1 weapon has the same stats as a level 30 weapon.  The only thing that affects a weapons ability to do damage or shoot faster or what have you is mods present.  Its blatantly obvious that the Dera regardless of mods added will never be more than a subpar overpriced weapon that will not be used because the gun you START with is better. 

You want some constructive criticism BUFF the weapon, make it do more damage, higher rate of fire, faster projectiles, starting polarity, a DOT effect for the shots.. Pick one, or two.

It's been proven that it is a S#&$ weapon with a horribly high price that amounts to nothing. Sounds constructive enough to anyone willing to make things better.

Just calling it "S#&$" doesn't mean anything. Everything can be called as that. Weapons, Frames, Items. It just like all those "Nerf X/Y" threads you see around various boards on different games. Do you think they sound convincing to the Devs/Staff when using terms like "S#&$" or other similar ones ?

And the Furis would be able to down 2 if not 3 of them. It'b be doing triple the damage the Dera is doing.

Anything can kill decently when used against weak spots. But even the unmodded Furis won't put much of a fight when just bodyshotting.

Just calling it "S#&$" doesn't mean anything. Everything can be called as that. Weapons, Frames, Items. It just like all those "Nerf X/Y" threads you see around various boards on different games. Do you think they sound convincing to the Devs/Staff when using terms like "S#&$" or other similar ones ?

Anything can kill decently when used against weak spots. But even the unmodded Furis won't put much of a fight when just bodyshotting.

Why wouldn't they sound convincing? Words exist so we can use them, simple as that. If a weapon is sh*t I'm not going to call it mediocre, I'd be lying. I won't even call it bad cause I'd also be lying.

Again, in that post, did I say anything about weakspots? The Furis would do enough raw damage to kill 2 of those Grineer with the same aim pattern as Kordy in that .gif.

Its the crewmen rifle, what were you expecting....

For 500 plastids, 1000 salvage, 2 control modules, 20 fieldron samples, 6000 ferrite, 600 circuits, 90.000 credits and 1 forma (or 1 to infinity Tower 2 key/s, 1 morphic, 1 neural sensor, 1 neurode, 1 orokin cell and 35.000) I was expecting a lot more. A LOT more.

For 500 plastids, 1000 salvage, 2 control modules, 20 fieldron samples, 6000 ferrite, 600 circuits, 90.000 credits and 1 forma (or 1 to infinity Tower 2 key/s, 1 morphic, 1 neural sensor, 1 neurode, 1 orokin cell and 35.000) I was expecting a lot more. A LOT more.

Check your privilege.

If demonstrate, please shoot at the weak point.

Without shoot at the weak point, all weapons are suck, except armor ignoring weapons.

Also, because of spraying bullets, it proves that if player is suck, then all the weapons will be suck in the hand of that said player.

Edited by Ksdsdf

a portion of the mats went into trying to steal the BP from the corpus

another small chunk of mats went to trying to figure out what it's made of

a little bit went into the making of the gun

and the rest of the mats go into the gun's cool factor

also

if the gun was more powerful, then we'd be having a much harder time fighting the corpus

Without shoot at the weak point, all weapons are suck, except armor ignoring weapons.

Also, because of spraying bullets, it proves that if player is suck, then all the weapons will be suck in the hand of that said player.

Are you talking words?

a portion of the mats went into trying to steal the BP from the corpus

another small chunk of mats went to trying to figure out what it's made of

a little bit went into the making of the gun

and the rest of the mats go into the gun's cool factor

also

if the gun was more powerful, then we'd be having a much harder time fighting the corpus

Wrong: 500 fieldron samples, 20.000 circuits, 25.000 polymer bundles, 50.000 nano spores and 750.000 credits went to the first 2. What I named went into the making of the gun. No mats were used for the cool factor, it's not even good for $&*^waving.

Also, because of spraying bullets, it proves that [size=12]if player is suck, then all the weapons will be suck[/size] in the hand of that said player.

ibjJQMy5H713kz.gif

Lookit all those WEAK POINTS goddamn.

Edit: The gif is in slow mode, fyi.

Edited by Kordy

ibjJQMy5H713kz.gif

Lookit all those WEAK POINTS goddamn.

Edit: The gif is in slow mode, fyi.

First of all, are you sure you're holding Dera? Second, is it level 1?

Looks like braton level 29 with mods, and you're not even shooting at the heads.

Exactly my point.

But don't fret.

ibiEPCXNhvChxd.gif

Here's your weak points.

The gun's as weak as your "bad players" argument was btw, fyi.

FIVE DAMAGE WOOOOOO

Edit:

wO0UzN3.jpg

Here's the uncropped pic, too. With less table breakage too.

Edited by Kordy

Okay everyone speaking in this thread without using the Dera yourself, stop trying to defend it.  it is a bad weapon weapon at the moment and for it's cost this is unacceptable.  I have great mods on it and then it only becomes acceptable on low levels.  Do not try to bring that on high levels, it is simply useless.  I LOVE the Dera, but it majorly needs a buff.

sAxsAJo.jpg

Exactly my point.

But don't fret.

ibiEPCXNhvChxd.gif

Here's your weak points.

The gun's as weak as your "bad players" argument was btw, fyi.

FIVE DAMAGE WOOOOOO

Edit:

wO0UzN3.jpg

Here's the uncropped pic, too. With less table breakage too.

First of all, there was no argument from my part.

I never said the gun is not weak.

All I said was that you did not even do good in your first demonstration. Your very first demonstration only showed that you intentionally make the gun looks bad, because you spray it. And FYI, every gun will be bad if you can't make a good hit.

It's funny that you took it as an "argument"

Edited by Ksdsdf

Please spew your S#&$ over a toilet and not in forums. You have no merit or argument to bring to this discussion and are simply stirring up S#&$ for it's own sake. You know the gun is bad I know the gun is bad, everyone knows the gun is bad. Stop flip flopping around like a fish waiting to be gutted on a pier and get out.

Very nice response, you have no right to tell me that i should do on forum. If you don't even understand the point i made, then be it. Calling everyone S#&$ because they have different opinion is also very constructive, just like you said: "stirring up S#&$ for your own sake" of being "constructive"

Edited by Ksdsdf

So what you're saying is:

The gun is bad;

My view on the gun is correct;

My demonstration is not;

And I'm a bad player because I sprayed everywhere. (In horrible broken english because why the hell not, right).

Let's see.

Gun is bad.

Everyone agrees that the gun is bad.

My demonstration is an exaggeration because of obvious reasons you've completely missed or ignored (My vote is on missed, but whaddayaknow)

I'm not even going to touch the "if player bad lol xd" anymore. Constructive, my tailbone.

If you're just stuck on "lol ur demo sux l2p",  well, why don't you make a clan about it? I hear it is the rage nowadays.

What a shame, you seem to be unable to form a cohesive argument. In your first post

From this we can infer a few things about your argument

1) All weapons are bad unless you shoot the weak point, except for armour piercing weapons

2) You claimed that the player in the gif sucks because he was spraying bullets and that players that spray bullets suck no matter which weapon they wield

First of all, there was no argument from my part.

I never said the gun is not weak.

All I said was that you did not even do good in your first demonstration. Your very first demonstration only showed that you intentionally make the gun looks bad, because you spray it. And FYI, every gun will be bad if you can't make a good hit.

It's funny that you took it as an "argument"

In this post you state you had no argument.

Let me define that word for you

ar·gu·ment  

/ˈärgyəmənt/

Noun
  1. An exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one: "I've had an argument with my father".
  2. A reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.

We can rule out definition 1 as that is not constructive and skip to definition 2. By stating that " there was no argument on my part" you are essentially stating that you have neither facts no reason to stand on and are not trying to convince anyone of anything, this is clearly not the case given your first post.

Moving on to "I never said the gun is not weak.".  On the contrary, you inferred that by posting a dissenting view on this thread, a thread created to display that very fact.

Finally your statement of "Your very first demonstration only showed that you intentionally make the gun looks bad, because you spray it. And FYI, every gun will be bad if you can't make a good hit." is also a fallacy, as Kordy ALSO sprayed around with the Braton, with much better results.

QED You said something stupid , got called out on it and attempted to flip your position with little success. Perhaps english is not your first language.
Edited by OxexRaclir

So what you're saying is:

The gun is bad;

My view on the gun is correct;

My demonstration is not;

And I'm a bad player because I sprayed everywhere. (In horrible broken english because why the hell not, right).

Let's see.

Gun is bad.

Everyone agrees that the gun is bad.

My demonstration is an exaggeration because of obvious reasons you've completely missed or ignored (My vote is on missed, but whaddayaknow)

I'm not even going to touch the "if player bad lol xd" anymore. Constructive, my tailbone.

If you're just stuck on "lol ur demo sux l2p",  well, why don't you make a clan about it? I hear it is the rage nowadays.

Did I say you're bad? I'm saying the demonstration was never right to its point, and I interpret the demonstration differently as: Every gun is bad if it completely missed the target. I guess you interpret my comment as: The player in the demonstration is bad; therefore, the gun is bad.

The clause "if the player is suck, then all the weapons will be suck in the hand of said player" is only an idea. If I say that you are bad player, i can just word it as: the player in the demonstration is bad, so the weapon is also bad. I wouldn't bother to put "IF" and "SAID PLAYER"

What a shame, you seem to be unable to form a cohesive argument. In your first post

From this we can infer a few things about your argument

1) All weapons are bad unless you shoot the weak point, except for armour piercing weapons

2) You claimed that the player in the gif sucks because he was spraying bullets and that players that spray bullets suck no matter which weapon they wield

In this post you state you had no argument.

Let me define that word for you

ar·gu·ment  

/ˈärgyəmənt/

Noun
  1. An exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one: "I've had an argument with my father".
  2. A reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong.

We can rule out definition 1 as that is not constructive and skip to definition 2. By stating that " there was no argument on my part" you are essentially stating that you have neither facts no reason to stand on and are not trying to convince anyone of anything, this is clearly not the case given your first post.

Moving on to "I never said the gun is not weak.".  On the contrary, you inferred that by posting a dissenting view on this thread, a thread created to display that very fact.

Finally your statement of "Your very first demonstration only showed that you intentionally make the gun looks bad, because you spray it. And FYI, every gun will be bad if you can't make a good hit." is also a fallacy, as Kordy ALSO sprayed around with the Braton, with much better results.

QED You said something stupid , got called out on it and attempted to flip your position with little success. Perhaps english is not your first language.

Kordy sprayed the braton with mods equiped, so your whole point that braton is good even if he sprays it is not valid.

Sorry about the "no argument from my part" because Kordy thought that "player is suck; therefore the gun is suck" was an argument.

Edited by Ksdsdf

Kordy sprayed the braton with mods equiped, so your whole point that braton is good even if he sprays it is not valid.

Oh, did you suddenly find an argument?

Are you trying to assert that a modded Braton is bad when sprayed? We can be sure that that is not the case as Kordy was kind enough to show.

Or are you trying to state that a modded Dera is good when sprayed? We can be sure that that is not the case as Abzu took the time to post.

Or could it be that you are simply trying to move the goal post because your argument (that is, the lack there of) does not have a leg to stand on.

Oh, did you suddenly find an argument?

Are you trying to assert that a modded Braton is bad when sprayed? We can be sure that that is not the case as Kordy was kind enough to show.

Or are you trying to state that a modded Dera is good when sprayed? We can be sure that that is not the case as Abzu took the time to post.

Or could it be that you are simply trying to move the goal post because your argument (that is, the lack there of) does not have a leg to stand on.

The very first rule of testing is to keep everything constant, only certain variable that you want to test. 

By comparing a moded braton vs unmoded dera, you already introduced a lot more variables than the variables that need to be tested. And by doing that, you violated the first rule of testing.

So why not put up an unmoded braton and illustrate it along side with an unmoded Dera?

And all of your questions are derived from your own mind, where as all i asked for is a better example, a better illustration, for a better, closer analysis. I never said anything about which weapon is better, and which is best, nor did i said that braton is bad when sprayed.

So check up of how you do your test first.