Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Keys As Alert Rewards

DeadlyNerd

RNG is one thing, but having no drops in over 3 days of doing defense missions diminishes any will of continuing to play.

Void is new content and what's the point of this new content if those that can't spend cash on it(read, majority of the community in any f2p game) are unable to access it. 

I can understand potatoes,formas, mod packs etc. because they're all not mandatory to buy in order to have access to the game's content.

Void, however, is the new big content that the update is published on and keeping it barely accessible to the majority of the community is just wrong and goes against any principle in game advertising. Why would people play a game where they're pretty much denied of even trying end game content if they aren't lucky enough.

My plea is to add void tower keys to alert rewards.

Give em a reasonable chance to be rewarded so they're not as frequent as artifacts, but at the same time appear often enough to keep people doing alerts in legitimate hopes of getting void keys.

Call this what you want and it's probably been suggested before, but the accessibility of void needs to be addressed.

EDIT:

Sure, farm some more. I, and some of you, may have that patience but most people that drift from f2p game to f2p game don't. Heck, even I'll run out of that patience.

Keeping players in the game is all about the carrot on a stick. Keep the carrot too close and they'll eventually get it, keep it far away and they'll give up quickly. For those who aren't certain, this is keeping the carrot too far away, waaaaaaaaay far away.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Your logic makes no sense.  You say you understand forma, even though keys are way easier to get than forma.  We've only been lucky because of a livestream alert and a bugged forma alert that resulted in another 12 hour.  The only other ways to obtain forma is via login(where it's less frequent than keys) and via keys themselves, where you have like a 10% chance on the two rarer keys.

Just do wave 5 of low level defense missions, you'll get some tier 1s.

I'd only be okay with void keys going into alerts if they increased the ? alert frequency.  Stuff like vauban, certain weapons, and potatos are infrequent enough as it is, i'd rather not they became even rarer.

Well firstly, I would agree that Void Keys being Alert rewards would be a nice mix-up to the alert rewards system, it's tiring seeing a whole day's worth of 2000-3000 credit and no item rewards, or the repeated artifact rewards. I've only been able to get a key through the login rewards, which is kind of disheartening, especially when you complete at least 20 defense missions over the weekend and fail to get a key. 

honestly, i'm going to have to disagree with you, OP...

more 'junk' in ? alerts = increased rarity of other ? items (not counting artifacts, those things usually drop like crazy)

Oh come on, it's not like potatoes drop consistently enough that a lower chance would be noticeable. That stuff is already so rare that even if the chance was halved or doubled there wouldn't be any change.

Your logic makes no sense.  You say you understand forma, even though keys are way easier to get than forma.  We've only been lucky because of a livestream alert and a bugged forma alert that resulted in another 12 hour.  The only other ways to obtain forma is via login(where it's less frequent than keys) and via keys themselves, where you have like a 10% chance on the two rarer keys.

Just do wave 5 of low level defense missions, you'll get some tier 1s.

I'd only be okay with void keys going into alerts if they increased the ? alert frequency.  Stuff like vauban, certain weapons, and potatos are infrequent enough as it is, i'd rather not they became even rarer.

I'm not using forma as an argument because it drops, but because it's available through cash(just like void keys) as a non mandatory item, except for dojos, but with the 2 pretty much ensured formas most clans have that covered.

As for lower chance of getting really rare items, read above.

Sure, farm some more. I, and some of you, may have that patience but most people that drift from f2p game to f2p game don't. Heck, even I'll run out of that patience.

Keeping players in the game is all about the carrot on a stick. Keep the carrot too close and they'll eventually get it, keep it far away and they'll give up quickly.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Oh come on, it's not like potatoes drop consistently enough that a lower chance would be noticeable. That stuff is already so rare that even if the chance was halved or doubled there wouldn't be any change.

I'm not using forma as an argument because it drops, but because it's available through cash(just like void keys) as a non mandatory item, except for dojos, but with the 2 pretty much ensured formas most clans have that covered.

As for lower chance of getting really rare items, read above.

It's even more noticable with a lower chance.  If, for instance, potatoes are rare enough to show up only every two weeks, and you halve their chances, you're going to end up going for a month.  Two weeks is a really really noticable time frame.  If I got them every day, on the other hand, and that was halved, I'd still end up with way more than I could ever possibly use, and really not care.

Also, most clans were covered?  Most large clans, maybe.  None of the smaller ones.  Whether that should or should not be the case is debatable, but nowhere near most clans are set. 

Would I love to see void keys be more easily obtainable?  Yes.  Especially considering the crazy drop rates for some of the parts.  I just don't want to see it get plunked into the alert system.  Things keep getting thrown in there, and I personally find the alert system frustrating at times.

My suggestion would be to reward or increase the chances at void keys in some sort of skill based manner with potentially several, maybe mutually exclusive methods of doing so, such as speed, reduced damage taken, kills, avoiding ability use or something less obvious like stealth rewards.

It's even more noticable with a lower chance.  If, for instance, potatoes are rare enough to show up only every two weeks, and you halve their chances, you're going to end up going for a month.  Two weeks is a really really noticable time frame.  If I got them every day, on the other hand, and that was halved, I'd still end up with way more than I could ever possibly use, and really not care.

Also, most clans were covered?  Most large clans, maybe.  None of the smaller ones.  Whether that should or should not be the case is debatable, but nowhere near most clans are set. 

Would I love to see void keys be more easily obtainable?  Yes.  Especially considering the crazy drop rates for some of the parts.  I just don't want to see it get plunked into the alert system.  Things keep getting thrown in there, and I personally find the alert system frustrating at times.

My suggestion would be to reward or increase the chances at void keys in some sort of skill based manner with potentially several, maybe mutually exclusive methods of doing so, such as speed, reduced damage taken, kills, avoiding ability use or something less obvious like stealth rewards.

Nah, this is the beauty of RNG as much as it is its bane. It's unpredictable.

Say the chance was 4%. That means that out of 100 rolls that day 4 could've been beneficial. Halving that doesn't mean that you'll have to wait double for something rare to appear, only that there's a slightly lower chance of it appearing in those rolls, every time.

A rule of probability is that it doesn't have memory of past results, unless you remove bad results every time you run the test. You can speculate that a 50% chance means that you'll get 1 in every 2 attempts, but it doesn't ensure it.

I suggested void keys in alerts because alert's are DE controlled and thus offer a limited amount of farming one can do per day to obtain rewards from them.

Putting void keys into regular missions and making the drop rate rather high would result in overfarming.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Nah, this is the beauty of RNG as much as it is its bane. It's unpredictable.

Say the chance was 4%. That means that out of 100 rolls that day 4 could've been beneficial. Halving that doesn't mean that you'll have to wait double for something rare to appear, only that there's a slightly lower chance of it appearing in those rolls, every time.

A rule of probability is that it doesn't have memory of past results, unless you remove bad results every time you run the test. You can speculate that a 50% chance means that you'll get 1 in every 2 attempts, but it doesn't ensure it.

I suggested void keys in alerts because alert's are DE controlled and thus offer a limited amount of farming one can do per day to obtain rewards from them.

Putting void keys into regular missions and making the drop rate rather high would result in overfarming.

Of course it isn't assuredSure, it could be earlier, but it could just as easily take longer.  On average, it's going to take longer.  Not double, less than that, depending on the actual chances, but it doesn't really matter that much.  It's partly principle.  Sure, maybe this one wouldn't affect it a ton, but they have been on a trend of adding more and more things to ? alerts, and that adds up.

Edited by therundown

Of course it isn't assuredSure, it could be earlier, but it could just as easily take longer.  On average, it's going to take longer.  Not double, less than that, depending on the actual chances, but it doesn't really matter that much.  It's partly principle.  Sure, maybe this one wouldn't affect it a ton, but they have been on a trend of adding more and more things to ? alerts, and that adds up.

Absolutely.

Maybe add this as a passive reward that has a chance of occurring in every alert.

This way it stays as a limited reward, but doesn't affect ? rewards.

They've obviously got to give us a reason to do 2000cr non ? alerts. If a game aims to succeed, every part of it needs to be a potentially rewarding feature.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

I'm right there with ya OP. I play every day and do defense missions. I have yet to have a single void key drop for me from defense. The only keys I've used are ones I bought, and that's not going to happen often as the price per hour of entertainment on those void key packs is pretty high compared to the rest of the game. I spend money on a potato or a color pack and I have it forever, void keys can only be used once. Having to buy void keys on a regular basis is a subscription fee in disguise. I'm usually the one telling people that games are not free and if you like it you should cough up some cash, but the way void keys are right now between the cost and the drop rate is pretty disappointing.