Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Sophisticated Drop Rates?

Hauteclere

So we've all been rather frustrated with the drops issue, and I think I've sort of figured out why:

As it stands currently drops can be obtained, or seems to only be obtained per-faction, containers, and per boss. Perhaps, suggestion from an MMORPG gamer, since this game appears to be somewhat loosely taking from the MMO standard when it comes to loot...

Maybe we should have specific mobs that drop specific mods, and/or materials along with bosses doing the same. We can of course keep the broad range of possible loot in containers...but I think it might be just easier on everyone if the RNG pool isn't pathetically overstuffed, which seems to be the problem.

Could be wrong, I don't claim to know exactly how the code and databases work for loot at all...but just from assumptions (Which I realize is bad to do in the first place), and observation....Maybe it'd be better for us overall to have that kind of loot-system.

Its just I think we'd all prefer it if we were at least getting one resource, with a mob we specifically know drops them to not getting any at all without any kind of known chance. That and if this were the case, it might bring some incentive to at least not rush through a mission without killing anything at all.

If I don't know what I'm talking about, just say so. Lol

I can take it.

By the way, it'd be totally great for a system like this to be implemented, as well as revealed what kind of rates of drop we can expect from each mob. I mean we got a kind of 'bestiary' thing going on with the Wiki. Why not make use of it to cure the strife?

Edited by Hauteclere