Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] - Achievement System - Please, Haters, At Least Read

Endrance

I believe that even Warframe being a Dungeon Crawler it lack "objectives".

The one and only "big" addition i would make is the "so-much-hated" achievement system. Being also rewarded upon received certain achievement.

For example:

Achievement Completed - Mastery Rank 1

How to - Get Mastery Rank 1

Reward - 1000 Credits

Achievement Completed - Mastery Rank 2

How to - Get Mastery Rank 2

Reward - 2500 Credits

Achievement Completed - Grineer Hater

How to - Kill 5000 Grineer units

Reward - (one grineer weapon BP, like Grakata)

Achievement Completed - Hacker

How to - Hack 100 consoles (data mass console hacking does not count)

Reward - 20 Cipher

Achievement Completed - Cell

How to - Form a complete Cell Squad before entering the mission

Reward - 1000 credits

(if you see the spoiler, note that this are just random suggestions for the matter, doesn't need to be like that)

The achievements would be displayed in the Players Profile, it is not a challenge statistic, but something else to do.

Alot of times we're just makes random missions to get a specific resource/BP or maybe just mods. But if, for some reason, we also have an achievement that can only be obtained in that same mission, it would be great.

Since you would have something else to do, not being just endless farming

Another example of what i've stated above would be:

Achievement Completed - Everest Dominance

How to - Raid and Assassinate Councilor Vay Hek 100 times

Reward - 1 Trinity Blueprint or 2 Neurodes or 2 Orokin Cell (Random)

Achievement Completed - Everlasting Defense

How to - Reach 50 Waves in any 30+Level Endless defense missions

Reward - Forma or Orokin Reactor or Orokin Catalyst or Void Key

Achievements cannot be repeated, so once you achieve it, it's final. The same would happen even if you use the reset option, the achievement info would remain (useless info, since it will soon end, but you got the point).

I do know there is alot of hate on this kind of feature, unfortunately i don't understand why. 

EDIT

Another good objective/achievement could reward us with the "starting" platinum, like, the most easy achievement, for example

Complete 1 mission - award 20 platinum

Craft 1 weapon - award 20 platinum

Complete Tutorial - award 10 platinum

Or event, giving us "platinum specific features"

Achievement Completed - Intergalactic

How to - Finish every Mission in the Solar System

Reward - Warframe Slot and 2 Weapon Slot

Edited by Endrance

But you would have a different purpose for doing that, or at least a multiple purpose.

And again, if its rewarding like the main suggestion, you might do the mission for the achievement itself and not for the farm in that specific location, at least would give you something else to do.

Players that buy alot of features with platinum have small need to endless farm, so they might have nothing to do, i've read post regarding that subject. With achievement, they would have something do to. Pointless or not, purely cosmetic or not, it's an extra content that would make you lose at least a few hours in it.

And with each "big" upgrade, a new series of achievements could be introduced. 

I wont be hating on this. I totally support it.

When achievements are rewarded with something, there is actually some point in getting them.

I liked the achievement system in Hawken - every time you unlock an achievement, you get some money. That definitely helps new players (they dont focus on grinding that much).

I support this, would definitely help endgame boredom. However, please, please please don't just make them 50 "do X mundane task XXXX amount of times". Have achievements for doing more special things, like throwing X enemies off a cliff (once they change enemies to not lol-nope respawn when it happens), 1-clipping X boss, recovering to full shields from 1 health without dying etc.

I support this, would definitely help endgame boredom. However, please, please please don't just make them 50 "do X mundane task XXXX amount of times". Have achievements for doing more special things, like throwing X enemies off a cliff (once they change enemies to not lol-nope respawn when it happens), 1-clipping X boss, recovering to full shields from 1 health without dying etc.

Like i said, my achievements were merely example, i posted basic/normal kind of achievements.

Although, i believe achievements should be separated in 3 levels of difficulty to achieve.

The easy one, the simplest of achievements, like, join a squad, make a mission, finish tutorial and those basic stuff

The intermediate one, going from making a boss mission, completing planet missions or even solar system

The hard ones, making high lvl mission, soloing stalker, soloing alerts with 80+ lvl mobs, finishing all easy and intermediate achievements and so on