Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic Missions

Skeloton

Im just putting this out there expecting people to shoot it down. My ideas tend not to be refined much but here goes.

I've been thinking (I know "whoa be carefull") bout the current missions. Right now they're pretty static, go here kill this then that, its the grineer, I need some data. I just played a deception mission in Sedna, I fought grineer up until I reached the objective and activated it. All of a sudden Corpus Moas appear.

Im left thinking why isn't there more of that, why when im neck deep in Corpus doesn't a Grineer boarding party punch a hole in the hull and flood the ship? Why when im cleansing some infested that a bunch of assassins attempt to get me, Stalker isn't the only one trying to kill us why should he be the only one to come after us mid mission?

Or when I destroy that core, why isn't there a timer that tells me I got 10mins to get the hell out of dodge before we crash into some asteroid? Or when that hostage/capture target gets nabbed by us that one of the other factions come looking for him. Hell the ship could enter an meteor shower mid mission punching holes all over the ship,

That's all I can think off. Anyone else got something to add...unless DE already stated they're onto this lol.

Edited by Skeloton

* Im left thinking why isn't there more of that, why when im neck deep in Corpus doesn't a Grineer boarding party punch a hole in the hull and flood the ship?

This does happen, i think they toned it down last update as before that every other mission i was getting multiple factions. Made it annoying for loadouts, materials and mod drops though

* Or when I destroy that core, why isn't there a timer that tells me I got 10mins to get the hell out of dodge before we crash into some asteroid?

There is.... sometimes you will get a timer with about 4 minutes to get out, although you would probably still make it as a quadrupple amputee.

* Or when that hostage/capture target gets nabbed by us that one of the other factions come looking for him. Hell the ship could enter an meteor shower mid mission punching holes all over the ship,

This doesn't happen and doesn't sound very manageable in game.

I do agree with your premise though, that there should be more dynamics in missions that actually make it interesting. Personally even making missions much harder and a true feeling of risk would satisfy me.

I do agree with your premise though, that there should be more dynamics in missions that actually make it interesting. Personally even making missions much harder and a true feeling of risk would satisfy me.

Thanks, least I got the premise across :)

Ive only ever encountered a change to or an additional objective and the extra enemies. Never the timer. I forgot my other example of capture/hostage being infected and turning into a miniboss.

Edited by Skeloton