Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For A Good Large Capacity Hard Drive.

Pharen

So basically I've nearly filled my HDD with my steam library and there are many more games I want to install and play but don't really have the room, I don't want to uninstall what I have installed either.

I'm looking for an internal HDD at 3TB+ but I often hear horror stories of consistent failures in HDDs with capacities above 3TB. Basically I'm asking for any recommendations from people who currently have a large capacity HDD installed.

Cause of my case size and graphics card size there is only really one single spare slot I can mount a 3.5" HDD so I'm not looking at buying multiple 2TB HDDs.

Anything Western Digital or Seagate

Western digital is better IMO (Western Digital Black Below) ( I would buy a 3tb or 4tb backup drive if you are worried about loosing things also)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236623&cm_re=3tb_Western_Digital-_-22-236-623-_-Product

I'm sorta looking for a specific model people have had experience with. I've had people tell me that the 4TB WD HDDs tend to break down very quickly. And 3TB is kinda the minimum I want to go since I have already well over half filled a 2TB HDD with about a third of my steam library.