Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove The '?' From Alert Missions

Fretless

There is no real mystery to the alert rewards, and no random element to the rewards once the mission has been generated. For any given alert with a reward marked by a '?', every player who runs that alert will receive the same reward. We already have an official Twitter feed that shows the specific rewards for each alert, so no player has to make any guesswork as to what a '?' alert will yield. Why not just do away with the question mark and show us the reward? It'll save players a trip to Twitter.

Because some people just run the ? alert mission to be surprised on purpose, without checking twitter. That way it adds a little mystery and much-needed randomness to the game. It's like a spoiler alert, and some players don't want the spoiler so they look away and don't want to know ahead of time.

because I don't think the game actually knows what the ? Alert reward is.

the Twitter alert bot and the nexus warframe app are only updated once somebody who has completed the level and received the reward for it notify's the person running the page AFAIK..

Maybe some people enjoy the mystery and surprise and do not compulsively look at the twitter feeds to see what it is. Although seeing as it is easy enough to alt+tab/shift+tab and check why complain about the 10 seconds it takes right now. Plus they'd have to add text or pics associated with items or rewards.

much-needed randomness to the game.

Oh yeah, because warframe wasn't random enough.

Except for resources, mods, keys, blueprints, map layouts, matchmaking, rewards, optional objectives, is that random enough for you, you dolt? Or do you want warframe to randomly shut down just so it keeps you on the edge?

That said, there really is no reason for the ? other than to try and waste our time (looking at you, scavenge artifacts). There should at least be a group of what is being dropped (artifact, blueprint etc).

Oh yeah, because warframe wasn't random enough.

Except for resources, mods, keys, blueprints, map layouts, matchmaking, rewards, optional objectives, is that random enough for you, you dolt? Or do you want warframe to randomly shut down just so it keeps you on the edge?

That said, there really is no reason for the ? other than to try and waste our time (looking at you, scavenge artifacts). There should at least be a group of what is being dropped (artifact, blueprint etc).

grumpycat.jpg

Because some people just run the ? alert mission to be surprised...

Maybe some people enjoy the mystery and surprise...

Who are these mysterious "some people?" They sound like the Grineer to me.

because I don't think the game actually knows what the ? Alert reward is.

the Twitter alert bot and the nexus warframe app are only updated once somebody who has completed the level and received the reward for it notify's the person running the page AFAIK..

I'm refering to this Twitter feed. I'm pretty sure it's updated automatically by DE somehow. It's the reason DE was able to determine that the Dark Sword and Forma rewards were broken, because they showed up on Twitter but were not awarded in-game.

I noticed that players in regional chat will announce alert rewards as well, usually copy-pasting from Twitter. I imagine the same happens in most clan chat too, so the information is already widely disseminated. Really, putting the information on the alert screen would just be a QoL improvement at this point.

It does actually. The twitter is done by a system built into the game. The recent Forma BP alert a few days ago is proof. The in game alert had no item at all, the twitter'd alert had the Forma BP. But doing the alert gained you just the credits. People looked into their EE.log files and noticed there was an issue with the game assigning the BP to that alert. So later that day we got a 12 hour Forma BP alert to compensate.

Nope.

As with today's Catalyst BP, it's preset.

I say remove it. With the Twitter account and how easy it is to know what it is, you'd have to avoid human contact the second you heard about the alert entire to not find out.

There is no real mystery to the alert rewards, and no random element to the rewards once the mission has been generated. For any given alert with a reward marked by a '?', every player who runs that alert will receive the same reward. We already have an official Twitter feed that shows the specific rewards for each alert, so no player has to make any guesswork as to what a '?' alert will yield. Why not just do away with the question mark and show us the reward? It'll save players a trip to Twitter.

We do? Wheres the link for the twitter feed? Im always asking my friends who have that app to tell me what stuff is...

Edit= Oh cool, missed the link *clicks* Checking this out... they shoulda advertised this more I totally didnt know.

Edited by unmog