The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Client Language And Server

Delasire

Question

Hey everyone, sorry for the long and complicated post, but it's an issue I've had for a long time. Also I apologize for any language mistakes I'll do, as english isn't my first language.

I've been playing for a while and since the beginning I've always noticed that either when I hosted a game or when I joined a game I had slight latency-related issues. Now judging from the language in my client and from the chat I'd say that I'm connected to an european or to an american server. Now:

a) Is there an European server? If so the thread is pointless, I may connect to that one and we're all happy;
b) Is there any way to connect to an European server (if there's one and I'm not connected to it)?

As far as I know my dojo leader (both me and him are italian) sometimes switches servers when he needs to sell something, so I'm guessing he's in the european server IF there is one.

Another thing troubles me: the client language. Will I be able to retain english language when switching servers?

Thanks in advance and sorry again for the complicated requests.

2 answers to this question

Options > Gameplay > Region

But I believe this is only for the chat server.

As for language - I believe the english client (or any other) will maintain the language when switching "regions"

Edit: I should add that "in game" matchmaking, missions etc are based off something slightly different - so really the above is only about region chat, trade chat and recruiting chat.

Edited by Sy21

Options > Gameplay > Region

As for language - I believe the english client (or any other) will maintain the language when switching "regions"

Edit: I should add that "in game" matchmaking, missions etc are based off something slightly different - so really the above is only about region chat, trade chat and recruiting chat.

That's the only thing I needed to know. Now I know that all the issues are due to my crappy internet. Thanks again!