The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could I Have Some Advice As To How To Know When I'm Good Enough For High- Level Missions?

DrakeArron

Question

So, I think this is my third thread here now, so apologies for that, however this is something I can't seem to find any information about anywhere, and I'd rather ask it here then in chat with a friend in- game in case I need to save this information.

So, on to the question-

Originally I was thinking about this with the highest level planets, that have 31+ missions, but I figured I'd be able to get to those eventually. However I'm coming up on rank 4, and that means I'll be able to do sorties if I want to, however I hear they have level 60 to 100 enemies. The problem is, I already have trouble with the 31+ missions, so I have no idea at what power level I'd b able to easily attempt the sorties. I think I know how to get there- by forma'ing and orokin'ing my frames and armor as much as I can, as well as making sure all mods equipped are upgraded to their max. But is doing the forma and orokins as much as feasibly possible until I can't anymore the only possible point at which I'd be able to attempt them? I"d assume not, considering if it were that way I'd expect to have to reach a much higher rank before being able to attempt the sorties. I looked at the wiki, and have perused what guides I could find that seemed to be related to the topic, but couldn't find anything.

So, whats the general range of power that I can expect to need to do them? Will I even be able to any time soon, or is the rank being so low some kind of fluke? Thanks for any help that can be offered, hope I didn't sound too clueless!

Sincerely,

Drake

A good way to see if your kit will hold up in sortie is to solo T1/2 survival to 40min. If you can do this then you will carry you wight in a sortie squad as it will show if you can avoid/tank/mitigate damage, kill heavies and that you have alright target selection while keeping up the life support. The catch is you can't use loki, excal or rhino to do it.

This is easy for most vets but is a reasonable gear check for newer players. 

Also the most important thing in sortie is knowing your role in a squad. Fill it properly and you should do fine.

A lot of people have touched on it to an extent, but there is no real reason to rush it. Before starting sorties, it might be worth spending time clearing out the star chart, farming bosses for more warframes (which levelling will raise your MR), and doing void missions. The latter allows you to face situations tougher than the Star Chart in certain circumstances, allows you to get Primed gear (and things like forma and forma blueprints), but also it puts more experience under your belt. 

I know when I was MR4 I was super nervous about biting off more than I could chew. Really it's just about finding a good starting point and working through it and building up your legs so to speak. Sorties aren't terribly difficult, but compared to things like Jupiter, they are night and day.