Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ui Needs Alot Of Work.

KaBKa

First... Great game.. no two ways about it, it is awesome now and as soon as you have a real end game it will be even better.

That being said whatever coder you had leading up UI stuff REALLY dropped the ball.

Main Points:

Mid-Mission Gear usage pulls you COMPLETELY out of the immersion.  You currently have to stop moving around hole down your Gear key look for the cursor that SHOULD NEVER appear mid-gameplay unless we hit esc and then click on the item we want to use and hope the first click takes.

Simple Fix: GearKey + Number of item slot selects and uses item.

Everything takes too long in the menus.  Yes the tiles appear animation type thing is cool the first couple of times you see.  But seriously now those little half second things are starting to add up.. With the way your UI is organized is horrid, Even if all you want to do is swap out a gun you have to sit through 20 damn screens to do it. That should be a 2 second task.

Another example is going back to gear. 

Currently to do something like buy a rifle ammo box i have to:

Click Arsenal

Click Gear Slot

Click Rifle Ammo Box

Click Buy

Click Yes

Click Ok

*hope it equips but it rarely does*

Click Rifle Ammo Box

Click Equip

* and then repeat for every gear item i want to do

How it could be:

*First time i launch the game turn off confirms in options*

Click Arsenal

Click and Hold over Gear slot spawning popup list of items

Release over Item i want - game will auto buy if i do not own any otherwise equip

Anyway i could go on its just all that small stuff that adds up making me really wish i could give you folks a cookie for having one of the better games ive played but hands down the WORST ui.

Take google's stance on it... do as much as possible with one click before adding in a place for another.

And get the damned cursor out of mid mission seriously wtf thats ridiculous who the hell thought that was a good idea i mean really its enraging. 

Edit* Totally put this is the wrong forum... my bad *Edit1* edited to not sound like a raving lunatic at the top

Edited by KaBKa

It really shouldn't be low priority.  There is nobody on here that can claim and defend that the ui is in anyway good despite the fact that the graphics are good and all the functionality is there (which is why i can say with certainty that it is a 2bit coder :P ).   Which has huge effects on the rest of the game.  It's seriously worse than not having an end game.

Case: You want to sell ingame items such as weapons?  Navigating through the market is not fun, ScrollBars over page system come on now.  There is no useful way for me to compare items to "window shop." And if i cannot window shop and its not fun to go through the market i am not going to go there and daydream about which weapon would be perfect for me leading me to spending money.   I mean if you exclude buyers who only pick up cata, reators, or extra slots and never buy anything else what is your conversion rate? A fraction of a tenth of a percent?  Its because your Market UI is S#&$.  Its sucks to navigate its in no order with no option to put it in meaningful order.  There is a 2d graphic and minimal info tied to each thing and you want people to drop 10 bucks on it. Atleast let them test drive it in your trial space you use for rank up that would help make up for the S#&$ UI a bit i suppose.  If you want to look at it that way.

Another Instance:  When opening up chat for regional chat the entire game locks up for 2-5 seconds while it retrieves info.  Because of the simple mistake of not making the call async or using threading I very rarely open up regional chat.  This makes me (more so you should worry about all the people like me) Less of a part of the community and more likely to drop the game and in general feel less obligated to support the game in anyway.  

This problem is amplified by the fact the chat window does not stay up so even when i do add people to friends or join a clan i wont know if they are talking unless i notice the shade change over its tab.  At the very least flash the red text.  Its the least you can do because you decided to use a color (red) that has low contrast with the surrounding  bar.  Or better yet silently pop up SoAndSo "Said whatever they said" using the same element as you use for news/alerts

Lets talk about something good though.  The profile info/tracking stuff is really great.  The idea anyway,  the way it was implemented is pretty much worthless.  Its something that a player would work to try and improve over time bettering their stats for braging rights or whatever.  But its delivered in such a way that its a dull list of random numbers.  One that might be looked at once a week to see the new total kills number.

Again top players/my ranking (and i assume deck is supposed to give you ur deck rank) are other things that players *could* get into and watch and try to improve.  But its out of the way and gives little to no real info.  Even if you do make top player all anybody can see is how many kills you have.  No accuracy no missions complete etc etc.  Anyway so that makes your entire profile structure so much less than it could be.

Edited by KaBKa