Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dueling Ideas, Suggestions, Improvements

ZWarhammer

I apologize if you feel like this is a inappropriate topic for this thread but i just wanted to get point across in a more afficent way.

Original topic is in the Dojo section of the threads https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/59501-dueling-ideas-suggestions-improvements/

OK first things first

I am perfectly aware that DE stated that PVP would not be focus of the game and would be side grade, that being said it's still an existing game mechanic now and there is no reason whatsoever why it should't be improved or made more fun!

That being said lets focus on some of the aspects of our current PVP structure and see where it can be improved altered or tweaked to players liking.

This shall be a ongoing topic that will get new ideals added to it as time goes on and as we shift from the Alpha state of PVP.

Please avoid rude language or arguments about unrelated topics and be respectful to each other.

( also not burying me alive if you don't like a certain idea would be appreciated but suit yourself)

To matter at hand:

Suggestions:

1) Previously mentioned in the livestream the ability to set a certain rule type for pvp. I think a good way to do this would be to allow clan warlord to set specific rule sets for each pvp room like ( melee only,no abilities,no side arms)

also having the ability to remove certain weapons or abilities completely because they might be broken at that time.

This would encourage more pvp builds and possibly bring some less used weapons into play.

2) EXP gain through pvp. This might sound a bit controversial to some people thinking that PVE based game should't allow this but just think about it.

Most people right now use places like Kappa or Xini to farm experience and after 500 runs it tends to become boring.

This would allow a potent alternative for people who like to pvp but can't allow themselves to do it much since they feel like they are wasting their time that they could be spending farming EXP in PVE. This would allow more diversity in pvp as well considering that people will starting using gear that is't maxed in pvp.

Of course you can prevent a complete mismatch of levels and gear by the previous suggestion mentioned above.

3)Avatar/Badge/Clan Status rewards gained by dueling people.

Say you gained tokens from winning a match in pvp say 3 tokens for winner and 1 token to the poor tenno who lost so his time does't get wasted completely.

Then you could redeem those tokens for Rare avatars that can only be obtained that way.

How about gaining some Badges that can be viewed in your profile for say finishing your opponent in creative ways and adding these badge rewards to different weapons to again promote more variety in play styles.

This would allow more diverse builds and could flesh out more bugs related to weapons and frames.

Statuses:

Might seem like a pointless feature to most people but trust me people care about that stuff! someone will feel less likely to jump from a clan to clan when they got say 200 pvp wins in that particular clan.

Something similar to mastery rank statuses could be applied here and will add to the long term milestone for some pvp loving players.

Improvements:

1) add more variety of rooms you can build and duel in. Say rooms including parkour elements or some natural elements like Lava,Ice,Shockwaves etc 

2) add 2vs2 3vs3 4vs4 possibilities and maybe different game modes like "Free for All" "Capture the Datamass" and maybe even "Team Death Match"

ZOMG COD PLAYER ALERT DOWN VOTE

calm down these are just some little things that might just keep this game going for much longer then it would otherwise considering as it stands it's main aspect is Farming.

It's not hard making these kind of game mods in addition to the new parkour rooms they gonna be introducing soon.

It could actually be a fun addition for players with higher mastery ranks who have nothing to do anymore.

You could Balance that out by setting a minimum mastery requirement for each game mode and gradually increase the required number as more content gets added to the game and easier it is to get to that mastery rank.

( just in case if you're wondering i don't play cod i'm actually a old counter strike player and i do play a bit of CS GO lately if you wanna maybe play with me casually)

3) Set daily challenges for players that can only be completed once a day that give a bit of resources not much! bit still something if you had a really bad luck with RNG that day and you maybe wanna sit down have some fun dueling drinking beer with your friends.

Not mandatory but it's a nice little addition.

4) Clan VS Clan PVP not on a grand scale but i mean 1vs1 to max 4vs4 duels each clan bringing out their most experienced players to represent their clan and have specific rewards to doing so.

I would say nothing major but i'd say something meaningful and also don't make it random! this is very important cause if reward is randomly good or bad then duels are gonna have less weight on them and players will put less effort into them depending on the reward.

Bug Fixes:

1) Bug where the pvp white lights become unclickable after host migration.

2) Bug where your ammo does't get refilled after the duel ends ( you run out of ammo while dueling).

3) Bug where your frame randomly becomes invincible after host migration or a random ability.

4) Bug where multiple people can enter the dueling room/dueling room not kicking players out of pvp zone after duel has started.

5) Bug where you can accidentally jump/wallrun out of the pvp room while duel is active. ( warning extremely rare/random)

6) Bug where your warframe does't update to pvp ready status aka can't use guns/abilities after duel has started ( possible host migration problem)

7) Bug where the status of the person you're dueling gets switched with you ( example you kill him but you lose)

Keep in mind that you should't disregard the thread completely just because you don't agree with 1 of the ideas mentioned above.

Just keep it cool and point out your concerns and see if we can peacefully solve that issue for you :)

That is all for now fella Tenno thank you for taking your time to read through these.

Please leave a UP Vote if you like the ideas recommended or leave your opinion as to why you don't.

Don't hesitate to leave your own suggestions or point out any of the bugs or bug fixes that you have come across.

As much as i like reading some of the awesome creative ideas people come up with please keep this topic PVP specific.

If you would like to duel me, my IGN is ZWarhammer and i'm currently in BROFRAME clan ran by the all famous akamikeb.

You can message me in game if you want an invite to the clan but please don't spam keep in mind that we all have our farming businesses to take care of and whatnot :)

Thank you for taking your time to read through this topic and have a wonderful day.

2) EXP gain through pvp. This might sound a bit controversial to some people thinking that PVE based game should't allow this but just think about it.

Most people right now use places like Kappa or Xini to farm experience and after 500 runs it tends to become boring.

This would allow a potent alternative for people who like to pvp but can't allow themselves to do it much since they feel like they are wasting their time that they could be spending farming EXP in PVE. This would allow more diversity in pvp as well considering that people will starting using gear that is't maxed in pvp.

Of course you can prevent a complete mismatch of levels and gear by the previous suggestion mentioned above.

I shouldn't even have to tell you how this can be exploited. Most of these suggestions are just a big no in my opinion but there are some things i would like to see like dueling rules.

This game has enough things to fix with PvE that it doesn't need this many resources put toward PvP. I'm in Broframe too, and find PvP fun to watch, but I see it as a sideshow to the main game.

As it currently is, there really isn't a good way to balance PvP for warframe teams to fight each other. That's what their current abilities. But rebalancing everything would require a huge rework which again....takes time from PvE.

I especially disagree with XP for PvP. This is a PvE game, primarily.

But I can go for alternate dueling arenas that are more interesting, it would fit in well with DE's plan for more dojo rooms.