Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Item: Orokin Beacon

Ju5tice

While I like the idea of the alert system, its randomness often leaves a lot to be desired.

My suggestion is a new item called the Orokin Beacon

This item would be sold for, say, 10 platinum or could be obtained from daily log-in, void runs, or defense rewards.

What this does is it will let you play any alert mission from the last 12 hours (maybe 24?) that you have not completed.

No more frantically checking twitter/forums or pulling your hair out when you see you have missed a potato/forma while at work or asleep.

It would go in your key storage (the same place as your guild and void keys) and you can invite anyone you want (bonus rewards will be for you only though)

I think this would take a lot of the stress and randomness out of the alerts and give more casual players a greater incentive to log on every now and then.

Edited by Ju5tice

Meh. I'm fine with current system. I just happen to get the alerts, and now all I care about are forma, taters, and a few helms. Play for a bit, you'll find good alerts in your time. But I sort of like the idea.

Heh, they'd just make it a item that randomly generates a personal alert with a random reward more than likely. :p

but then they need to make it only solo, cause ive other people join its just not a personal alert, it would be a clan alert :p

Another suggestion that stands against the intention of Alerts.

Alerts are how they are to give the Universe a feel of being alive and chaning all the time. Those Alert missions are urgent and have to be completed as fast as possible or they disappear. They are opportunities and if you dont use them they fade. Giving the option to do any Alert at a later point stands against this and is therefor a bad idea.

Brilliant but there could be some glitches... You should be allowed to connect with other people doing the same mission with this item but I don't think you should be allowed to invite people who have already done it (it irritates me when I do something twice with no second reward) a great idea!

Brilliant but there could be some glitches... You should be allowed to connect with other people doing the same mission with this item but I don't think you should be allowed to invite people who have already done it (it irritates me when I do something twice with no second reward) a great idea!

At this time, if you don't have completed a ? alert mission you can invite people who had completed it to aid you but in the end they dont get the ?

Another suggestion that stands against the intention of Alerts.

Alerts are how they are to give the Universe a feel of being alive and chaning all the time. Those Alert missions are urgent and have to be completed as fast as possible or they disappear. They are opportunities and if you dont use them they fade. Giving the option to do any Alert at a later point stands against this and is therefor a bad idea.

The intentions of alerts is a good idea...but when intention and context makes gameplay suffer, that is a bad mechanic.

Developers want our feedback...just because they "intend" for something to be a certain way, doesn't mean it should stay that way...we are still in beta after all.

If you just bend over and glorify whatever the devs throw out...this game will fall so short of the greatness it could achieve.

There are hundreds of ways to make alerts feel "urgent"

Besides, I have never felt that Alerts were urgent anyways.

Unless the reward money is high, or there is an item I want, I don't do them.

Making a small window of opportunity to do them is probably one of the lasts way they should make alerts feel urgent.

For instance, a way you could make them feel urgent without making time so limited:

If enough people don't complete an alert, the planet is locked out or you have to fight super tough enemies or something.

Edited by Ju5tice