Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Of Legends Kickstarter Campaign

FfamranMiedBunansa

First of all I don't know if this is allowed here, if not, please remove the thread.

Anyway, I will try to make a TL;DR about it.

A friend and his small studio are doing a Kickstarter Campaign to fund their Retro MMORPG (Dragon of Legends), I am helping them to reach their objective whenever I can (I helped with some Maps design as well) and now I am here to show you guys this wonderful game, the dev team are very friendly, in the Forums you can suggest your ideas that you want to see in the game like a lot of us (even me) did, a some of the ideas will be in the game and some of the already are.

Enough talk (I guess), here is the campaign Link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thrivegames/dragon-of-legends/description

If you guys like the project and want to help with it, AWESOME, but if you can't, I ask you at least to share the Campaign with your Friends, I will really appreciate it.

In the kickstarter page you can find more informations about the project, and if you guys have any doubts, you can ask here and I will try to answer it.

Thank you very much!

Couple of red flags come up. You say a friend and a small studio making an MMORPG, when I'm investing in a kickstarter I check things like being able to actually make a game. Especially something as hard and strenuous as an MMO. The project looks well put together, but I'd like to see some credentials or an idea of the capabilities of his Studio. Anyone can slap some pretty pixel art together and make it move, actually linking that up to be an online game is a whole separate beast.

Oh god. Someone new has discovered rpg maker and is now trying to make yet another 2d rpg and charge money for it.

Listen mate, 2d games need something innovating for me to even bother looking at it.

FTL is such an 2d game that introduced something new and exciting.

I am sorry, but 2d games made with rpg maker is 2 dozen a dime these days.

Now what is it that should compel me to invest in that project? What unique aspect have they made? Anything? Anything at all?

Or is it just another bland generic copy of stuff that has already been done?

Oh god. Someone new has discovered rpg maker and is now trying to make yet another 2d rpg and charge money for it.

Listen mate, 2d games need something innovating for me to even bother looking at it.

FTL is such an 2d game that introduced something new and exciting.

I am sorry, but 2d games made with rpg maker is 2 dozen a dime these days.

Now what is it that should compel me to invest in that project? What unique aspect have they made? Anything? Anything at all?

Or is it just another bland generic copy of stuff that has already been done?

I'm unrelated to the project, but for anyone reading posts before clicking the link, this guy seemingly hasn't read the page very well and is just trying to be edgy. I'd hate for that to turn people off of looking at the page if it's something they would enjoy, so here's a brief sum.

A very brief skimming shows that the game has nothing to do with RPGmaker, and is being designed around a custom Java based engine. In addition the game is not a turn based rpg, which is what RPGmaker usually creates anyway.The game itself seems to be a real time top down action mmorpg built around the ideas present in norse mythology. I don't really get into top down action rpgs so I probably won't look into it deeper or follow it or anything, but the artwork and soundtrack at the least is evidence that the project is being taken seriously. The actual programming, however, seems to be pretty early on and is probably your biggest risk in funding the kickstarter. 

Overall it's not a product I'm interested in, but I wish you guys luck and appreciate the design anyway.

Edited by DrFail

I'm unrelated to the project, but for anyone reading posts before clicking the link, this guy seemingly hasn't read the page very well and is just trying to be edgy. I'd hate for that to turn people off of looking at the page if it's something they would enjoy, so here's a brief sum.

A very brief skimming shows that the game has nothing to do with RPGmaker, and is being designed around a custom Java based engine. In addition the game is not a turn based rpg, which is what RPGmaker usually creates anyway.The game itself seems to be a real time top down action mmorpg built around the ideas present in norse mythology. I don't really get into top down action rpgs so I probably won't look into it deeper or follow it or anything, but the artwork and soundtrack at the least is evidence that the project is being taken seriously. The actual programming, however, seems to be pretty early on and is probably your biggest risk in funding the kickstarter. 

Overall it's not a product I'm interested in, but I wish you guys luck and appreciate the design anyway.

I read it all, and I can see that my post implies that they used the rpgmaker. But that is not the case.

My point was that there is a bunch of games made with rpgmaker and that their game would have to be innovating for people to even bother looking at it, if not invest in it.

Why pay for something when someone else has done it for free already on the rpgmaker.