Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Milestone Rewards And A New Warframe Mod

Daimon85

I feel like you should include specific one time rewards for certain in game milestones.  Like upping your mastery or beating all the missions on a planet.  Substantial one time rewards that everybody gets at certain points.  It would encourage completionism, at this point I find myself satisfied with a planet if I can access the boss and a defense mission.

Another idea, one I think makes a good mid to late game milestone reward is a mod that gives you bonuses for all of the warframes you own. Like a "Legacy Mod" or a "Cell Mod"

It would be a ten point warframe mod with five additional levels with either no polarity or a new type of polarity it would give you a a small buff for each warframe you own with a factor determined by the warframes level.  So for example an Exalibur might give you a melee damage bonus, and a rhino might give you an armor bonus, so if you had a 30 exalibur and a 17 rhino this mod gives 30% melee damage and 17% armor, then if you level that mod up twice without leveling the frames it would give 90% melee and 51% armor.

Those numbers look a little crazy at first blush, and get a little more nuts when you think of a player with 9 or 10 frames and what his mod looks like.  Those number are just to show the link between frame level and buff and should be tweeked down so that the final factors aren't as high, it should probably vary from bonus to bonus.

The other counter to this mod being too god powerful (though frankly it should be pretty god powerful, that's at least some of the point of it) is to make it cost more to upgrade than even a rare.  Rares cost 3 time a common, these will cost four, and you will only ever get a single one, it's unique and has a unique polarity, thus leveling it takes massive effort.

not too keen on the god mod. already feel like there are too many "mandatory" mods to allow for flexible builds. last thing we need is more of that.

there is a benefit to clearing a planet. you can access any alerts that hit a mission node only if you have access to it. and nobody wants to miss a catalyst or a forma cause they were to lazy to open up the whole map.

no sir.