Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Few Bugs And A Few Grumbles

Socinus

First, the important stuff, the bugs.

1. Every now and then, I'm ending up in a situation where my weapons are "stuck." I cant reload, I cant fire, I cant switch. It lasts usually for a minute or so but pressing keys does absolutely nothing, I'm just stuck running around. I can use my powers, but I cant use weapons. Sometimes this will happen with melee as well, I'll be unable to melee but I can still fire. It seems to happen after getting whacked around a bit.

2. Rhino cant charge up a ramp. Yes, this is a bug and it's irritating as all hell. For some inexplicable reason, the Rhino is on a set path forward and cant go up or down when it charges. If you hit a ramp, you stop. If you go off the edge of something, you keep going in a Wiley Coyote-esq display of defying gravity.

3. When looking at mods on the Arsenal screen, it's often difficult to tell what the bottom row of cards says. This may be a problem specific to my system, I'm not sure. When a card jumps out and zooms in after you hold your mouse over it, the portion of it that tells what it does is cut off by the bottom of the screen. I run the game in fullscreen resolution.

4. Attacks to downed enemies do no or incredibly low damage. I've seen this most frequently with the Bo but I'll do a groundstrike on an enemy on the ground and they'll take no damage at all.

5. I'm not sure if this is exactly a bug but I classify it as such. Sentinels seem to have become pinatas in the minds of the enemy because they will shoot at my Sentinel and at NOTHING ELSE until it's dead. Why!? "Eight foot tall space ninja? Nah, that floating rubik's cube that coughs a few bullets at us MUST be more deadly!" I've barreled into a room full of enemies only to have all of them turn and focus fire on my Sentinel, completely ignoring me.

Now, the gripes.

1. The Rhino needs some major re-tooling. Iron Skin is cool but doesn't actually do very much of anything useful as even fully upgraded it drops before you've gotten too far. Radial Blast and Rhino Stomp are basically the same thing and Rhino Stomp isn't really that useful; yes it knocks everything down but so what? By the time you can do much of anything, everyone you've knocked down is back on their feet and attacking you again. I understand the idea behind "slow and strong" but in practice having the Rhino's speed be so low basically means I'm the fat kid in gym class struggling to keep up and be of any real use.

2. Reloading should not be an all or nothing deal. If I get interrupted halfway, give me half the ammunition I would have otherwise gotten. It's maddening to be a fraction of a second away from a full clip on something like the Snipetron or Gorgon and then get hit or accidentally go down a lip and have to start all over again.

3. Let us pull mods apart for resources. I've got stacks of them sitting around "just in case" that I would LOVE to be able to salvage for resources. The cash payment for selling them is too low to bother with and cash itself isn't that useful.

Edited by Socinus

You'd be better off putting your bugs in the bugs section... But I am pretty sure all of them have been mentioned before. As for the gripes...

1 I have no input on, as I don't use Rhino, so I am not in much of a position to talk.

2 I disagree with. You aren't reloading bullet by bullet, you are reloading a magazine. If you were reloading bullet by bullet, then I would tend to agree that you should have a partial reload if interrupted, but that simply is not the case.

3 is an idea that I really like. I'd love to see something like that!