Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mod Drops Should Instead Be Fusion Cores

S5alad

Quick question: how do you propose people get those ability mods if they're no longer in the drop tables? Do they just come with the frame when you make it? Then how do you rank them up? Fusion cores only?

As much as I agree they're a waste, I would prefer they just take them out of the rare pool and put them all in the common pool.

Look at the math on the wiki:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion

You DO NOT need more then 1 copy of the ability mod to max an ability mod. It costs 6 duplicates to max ability mods since they all cap out at rank 3 and 12 cores or 12 random ability mods of the same rarity to max an ability mod. Here's the kicker: If you were to use ability mods as fusion cores for ANY other types of mods it would cost you 24 ability mods of the same rarity rather then 12 because they are different in polarity. Remember the energy required to reach the next level doubles for each rank (defined by the relation 2^r). 

It goes without saying the ability mods in the mod pool is taking a huge hit on our wallets, fingers and time. Doing the math it's obvious which is the better option. The more efficient and balanced fusion core or the "busted" fusion core (ability mods).

I hate it when I get a rare drop, only to realize it's a frame ability. What a waste of a rare drop -_-

Yeah no kidding.  If they weren't the wrong polarities they'd be useful for fusing, but since they're all ability polarities you're 100% right.

Nah. Frame skill's need to drop so that we can upgrade our frame skills. Taking that away because a lot of end gamers have all their skills maxed out is a foolish move, and unfair to new players.

That said, I think they SHOULD be removed from the mod packs in the shop. It's bad enough it costs a big chunk of plat to buy those things, but to fight against all the ability mods hogging up a large chunk of the rng even there... Not cool...

Nah. Frame skill's need to drop so that we can upgrade our frame skills. Taking that away because a lot of end gamers have all their skills maxed out is a foolish move, and unfair to new players.

That said, I think they SHOULD be removed from the mod packs in the shop. It's bad enough it costs a big chunk of plat to buy those things, but to fight against all the ability mods hogging up a large chunk of the rng even there... Not cool...

Why exactly do you need them to drop to upgrade them? Why couldnt you upgrade them with fusion cores? Especially considering they all max at level 3, it litterally takes NO effort to level one to max.

You DO NOT need more then 1 copy of the ability mod to max an ability mod. It costs 6 duplicates to max ability mods since they all cap out at rank 3 and 12 cores or 12 random ability mods of the same rarity to max an ability mod. Here's the kicker: If you were to use ability mods as fusion cores for ANY other types of mods it would cost you 24 ability mods of the same rarity rather then 12 because they are different in polarity. Remember the energy required to reach the next level doubles for each rank (defined by the relation 2^r). 

It goes without saying the ability mods in the mod pool is taking a huge hit on our wallets, fingers and time. Doing the math it's obvious which is the better option. The more efficient and balanced fusion core or the "busted" fusion core (ability mods).

Look at my post please. I don't see how it is unfair at all considering ability mods aren't more effective then fusion cores unless they're duplicates. If anything changing ability mods to fusion cores will help new players.

Look at my post please. I don't see how it is unfair at all considering ability mods aren't more effective then fusion cores unless they're duplicates. If anything changing ability mods to fusion cores will help new players.

Exactly... if anything changing them to fusion cores will make leveling abilities easier, because your not going to just get duplicates, and right now you continue getting them even after youve leveled them to max, which doesnt take any time at all really.

Edited by unmog

if they remove them completely and everyone only has one copy of each ability, what happens if

1...u accidentally lost it because you foolishly fused it to something else.

or

2...u need 1 or 2 points to finish ur build and ur ok with having an unfused ability? u already maxed the one ability u have then you stuck?

i totally get not wanting useless crap but if u remove extras completely then your diminishing the customizability of you frame and certain things become irreversable

It'd be a simple fix really... 1- not allow you to fuse your ability mods to other things. or 2= Allow you to buy ability mods in the store, for credits 3= If all else fails, make the frame again, you get one of each when you do this.

Yo smart dude, I put your post in the OP to increase its exposure.  I don't believe it could have been said better.

if they remove them completely and everyone only has one copy of each ability, what happens if

1...u accidentally lost it because you foolishly fused it to something else.

or

2...u need 1 or 2 points to finish ur build and ur ok with having an unfused ability? u already maxed the one ability u have then you stuck?

i totally get not wanting useless crap but if u remove extras completely then your diminishing the customizability of you frame and certain things become irreversable

First: Make ability mods unsellable. Problem 1 solved.

Second: If I remember correctly they talked about downgrading mods in livestream 6. May be another livestream, but again problem solved.

First: Make ability mods unsellable. Problem 1 solved.

Second: If I remember correctly they talked about downgrading mods in livestream 6. May be another livestream, but again problem solved.

Abilities and mods should have absolutely no interaction whatsoever.  Abilities should be hardwired into your frame, with points to spend to level them up as your frame levels up.  You could choose how strong you want each to be prior to each mission so you don't get stuck in a solo build for defense, although honestly it wouldn't be so bad to have it set.

Then mods would be mods, and abilities would be abilities.  It's pretty simple.  Players shouldn't have to suffer both their time and finances to a broken system, and trying to preserve a broken system in beta?  Stupid, stupid, stupid.