The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria Valk Weapon & Mod Recommendations?

Zhyzak

Question

I just returned to the game after almost 2 years, so a lot of things have changed and I've been looking into the proper weapon and mods I'll need for my Hysteria Valkyr.

It's nice to see that the actual melee weapon itself doesn't really matter anymore, just the mods (is that right? And if so, why do I still see nothing but recommendations for stuff like Dual Ichors... does Hysteria actually take the crit chance/dmg from a weapon, or mods only?)

Secondly, does a weapon's stance affect Hysteria? It's technically a little card like any other mod, so I thought it was vague enough to ask. Especially for something like Crimson Dervish on a Dakra Prime, does the 300% not carry over, or is that not a good idea?

Also, these newfangled Primed mods. Obviously I don't have any yet, and Baro Ki'Teer isn't due back for another 9 days, but from what I've read he only sells certain things and they're limited. So am I screwed out of getting previous Primed mods unless I buy them from players? I bet the prices on those are astronomical...

Edited by Zhyzak

4 answers to this question

Yes hysteria has it's own stance, so stance on weapon will not affect it.  Yes only the mods on the weapon affect hysteria, not weapon stats themselves.  Also, if you haven't played in 2yrs, toggle abilities (like hysteria) have changed a little.  They are now affected by duration.  Above 100% duration increases efficiency and <100% actually decreases your efficiency.  I believe it a 50% ratio (i.e. 130 duration = 15% more efficiency).

Primed mods are void trader only, so yes you will either have to wait or purchase from other players.  Typically run maybe 50-100 plat and cost 1million credits to actually trade them.

Ok first, Welcome back. Second for valkyr hysteria has her own stance and the only thing the weapon stance does is give you more points for more mods. Doesnt affect hysteria in any form. Also try to check the Mire for weapon, i heard has an extra 10% damage after all the calculations (Because of the weapon mechanics), havent tried myself but i plan to do it soon.

For the prime mods, well Baro comes every 2 weeks and what he brings depends on DE, you can wait patiently until they put prime continuity again, or just buy it from someone (the tax for trading a prime mod is one million credits). Have seen P. Cont. 3 or 4 times so far. And well is the same for every other mod.

I'm a Valkyr main but I'm more on the casual side of things, however that doesn't go without saying that I sometimes pull them try hard trousers up. This being said I'll give a generalization as to how I use my Valkyr.

Your mods may differ because I use Hysteria as a healing and revive safe. I use the Scindo Prime (stance doesn't exactly matter) with mostly damage and crit as Hysteria works very well with crit-based builds. I use Berserk over Fury because the chances of getting a critical strike are roughly once every four hits. That might not sound like a lot but it builds up very quickly + Warcry and I'm at full attack speed in seconds. You might want to look into the Eternal War augment as it'll keep your bonuses lasting longer as long as you are getting kills. 

That is my personal preference and you may not agree with me... but I figured I'd throw it out there because you might find something of value.