The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus - Questions About Unlocking And Cooldowns

--BAT--

Question

So, reading up on the tree I'm going with, I noticed this little note on the wikia.

• The base cooldown is 180 seconds, with each Way unlocked increasing the timer by 45 seconds.

But this little note was only under the main ability, in my case Zenurik, so this message only showed up under the "Void Pulse" infograph.

Which makes me confused, because it's only under that section, yet it says "each way unlocked" 

Can someone inform me if EVERY single unlock increases the cooldown of the Focus Ability? Or if it is just the ability itself.

I would much rather prefer maxing out everything else in the Zenurik tree, and leaving "void pulse" to it's base level just so I can have a short cooldown. 

If it does increase the timer with each way unlocked, meaning all the other abilities/passives 45x9 for the tree... that's too long between pulses for a base level void pulse.

TL:DR Explain cooldowns and unlocks to me. I'm very confused and would like assistance. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus

5 answers to this question

yes, you can turn them off and on BUT you must trace a path to it, so you can't unlock one that is "behind" another without clicking them both.  

unlocking does not change cooldown.  Activating an unlocked skill does.   You can SEE this in action in the interface.  Click on your ability, and the CD gets bigger.  Turn it back off, and it goes back down.

Ive found that for zen specifically 3 power / sec and maxed cooldown is a very reasonable combination.  YMMV.  Comes down to how much power / sec you want vs how long you are willing to wait.   Maxed power / sec and no cooldown is so long that most mission will be long over before you activate it.   If you want to focus on speed runs, 1-2 power/sec and maxed out cooldown is your goal.   You can't undo it ... once you unlock more "ticks" on a skill, they are there for good with the current interface.

Edited by jonnin

When you unlock a Way, for example the passive Energy Overflow, it would not increase the cooldown of Void Pulse as long as it is not activated (red in color, you can activate/deactivate ways by clicking on it after unlocking it.)

So you can turn different attributes on and off after unlocking? 

And my main question is still unclear, does unlocking anything in the focus tree increase cooldown?