Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Options

RyojinOrion

The options on this site seem pretty damn limited when compared to other forums I visit. I'd really like an option to disable WYSIWYG for creating new threads or replying to existing ones. If one exists already, I can't find it anywhere. Hell, I had to hunt just to find basic profile settings like time zone and notification options. I did not expect them to be under 'Edit my Profile' since that only affects what others see on your profile on every other forum system that I know of. On top of that, I could only find that by going to my profile instead of some sort of User Control Panel like what you would see anywhere else.

tl;dr - Gimme more forum option settings, or if they exist already and I just can't find them, make them more easily accessible.

I hate to bump this thread, but...

Is there an option I am just missing somewhere? Are there any plans to make it an option if it isn't one already?

I have noticed that every now and then this place bugs out and drops the WYSIWYG format, but I've never made any changes to my settings myself, and it always reverts 1-3 hours later. I'd really love to be able to edit my bug report posts without having this huge screenshot of the bug in question blocking up the entire edit post box.

• 1 month later...

What you are asking for about the WYSIWYG editor is categorized under "formatting", bbcode/markup tags.

Forum options is more like setting 'posts per page', default view, number of topics per forum.

most markup tags are universal across all message boards. Steam has one of the best formatting help guides, and markup tag selections I've seen:

the way steam handles code tags is the best I've seen

test

steam's new 'no parse' tag, is super useful [noparse]https://www.google.com/ncr[/parse]

fs1xLt0.png

steam has some forum options built into the regular topic view,

formatting help button right next to the submit button,

subscribe/"follow topic" button is also conveniently placed

6zEYRGW.png

---

as far as Warframe's forum goes. I think it's decent, serves its purpose. The lack of feature options, is probably due to security and performance reasons.

As far as forums go, I like 'forums.warframe.com', I couldn't ask anymore from DE; plenty of developers out there with GoD-Awful forums. Be happy we don't have a stock/default vBulletin board (unlike http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com )

I happened to find this topic trying to forum search how to set thread view to "100 posts per page" the default setting isn't enough. I'll settle for 50 per page, guess 100 is too much lol