The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee And Mirage

Capetoider

Question

I wanted to test melee on mirage, because you know... clones...

But it seems that they don't add to melee combo counter... and depending on what you killing... you can't even touch them, as the clones would kill it before you reach it... making body count / blood rush kinda of useless...

I was also thinking about using the Naramon Shadow Step (just bought some lenses and next reset I believe will reach it... then some time to cap the relevant nodes...) and I'm afraid that while clones are on, I wouldn't be able to keep the bonus and invisibility on... 

Is it just me, or maybe the clones should count for those?

4 answers to this question

I main a Mirage and use melee quite often. To be honest, if melee damage is that big a deal to you at the immediate time, for say an Ancient healer or something, blind it. You'll give yourself the massive stealth attack finisher. And once you get to 10 seconds of invisibility through Naramon you'll be able to stay invis until you run out of mobs to hit, which happens more often than you think if you use say, the Mios with Prime Reach.

But, I don't know. If you're one of the many abusive people that also use the simulor; that thing never uses your clones damage. Mirage is a weird zone and we're going to see a lot of tweaking for her soon I feel. :c

I main a Mirage and use melee quite often. To be honest, if melee damage is that big a deal to you at the immediate time, for say an Ancient healer or something, blind it. You'll give yourself the massive stealth attack finisher. And once you get to 10 seconds of invisibility through Naramon you'll be able to stay invis until you run out of mobs to hit, which happens more often than you think if you use say, the Mios with Prime Reach.

But, I don't know. If you're one of the many abusive people that also use the simulor; that thing never uses your clones damage. Mirage is a weird zone and we're going to see a lot of tweaking for her soon I feel. :c

Thanks for the response.

The actual damage is not that big of a deal, I mean... more damage is always good, the problem is endgame stuff hitting you... with a crit weapon (or maiming strike) and the Naramon Shadow Step, if they can't see you, they can't kill you... (a mirror build isn't that good for blinding...).

Against infested, I wish I could go full melee, but if the clones just kill everything before you, you can't even build up combo even with body count...

I know where you're coming from, but I really haven't seen a problem with it. In most cases on Sorties and the like, I can land a crit to revive someone pretty easily with the Mios, which only has a 24% crit chance on it's own, and lets be frank, on a build basically relying on melee crits, even with the additional  25-30% I would be getting, that's pretty garbage. But I've learned that with the Mios' combos, range and multi-hits are all you really need to proc those crits and stay invisible until there's nothing to smash. Once you're invisible you should be able to stay invisible for a very long time; at least once you work your way down the tree.

Now, as for your point of the clones stealing kills, yeah, it'll happen, but I feel slide-attacks will make up for most of that error. Take advantage of her extreme maneuver speed etc etc. To be fair you only really need your clones to get your started off in that case, and then allowing them to run out and just maintain crits on your own, or maybe running with Eclipse since the damage bonus doesn't effect your clones.