The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Failed To Join Session

Fiaryn

Question

Of late, I've been having problems both hosting and joining sessions with friends. I've been playing Warframe with this group for quite some time and nothing has really changed on my computer. Just rather out of nowhere now I can only join sessions hosted by, or invite, very specific people and anything else returns Failed to Join Session (on my end) or Host Not Found (for them).

It's kind of hobbling my ability to play.

4 answers to this question

This has happened to me too, on the PS4. Matchmaking is smooth for the most part, but I have experienced this Failed to Join Session both as a host and joining a game that I was invited to.

Not sure what the deal was. Are players not allowed to join a game in progress through invitation?

Not sure what the deal was. Are players not allowed to join a game in progress through invitation?

There is no problem as such, unless the 'primary objective has been completed' message comes up, but that is a different error.

Is there any commonality between the people that work compared to those that don't?  The first thing to check is which ISP they are on - if the working ones are on the same as you (and everyone else is on different ones) then check with your ISP whether there have been any changes...

Also - if you join with someone else, can they then invite the people you can't?  E.g. as long as one of the 'good' other players host, does it work for everyone?

I dont know for ps4, and i cant say for sure for PC but I think it has something to do with the ISP's.... I'v noticed some people can't invite me and i can't invite them, but if someone else in my group invites them its fine. Its possible it has something to do with the latency you set in your settings. I have mine set to 350, which means when matchmaking it doesnt match me up with anyone who has higher then that as their ping/ms or whatever.

So its possible that it won't let me invite someone that has a high latency, maby there is a way it measures it in comparison to mine.

I think also some people are using special internet settings, like for instance if you connect through the internet through some sort of network, like using public wifi, or using internet at a university or somewhere that has internet security, they have certain settings setup that can conflict with making connections with other people. I don't know exactly how it all works but i know this has been an issue for people playing other games. And considering DE doesnt have public servers(for hosting games) and we have to host our own games, that could be a problem especially for us.

There is no problem as such, unless the 'primary objective has been completed' message comes up, but that is a different error.

Is there any commonality between the people that work compared to those that don't?  The first thing to check is which ISP they are on - if the working ones are on the same as you (and everyone else is on different ones) then check with your ISP whether there have been any changes...

Also - if you join with someone else, can they then invite the people you can't?  E.g. as long as one of the 'good' other players host, does it work for everyone?

Two of them are in the same house, the other is in a completely different state. Meanwhile another guy across the country can successfully invite all of us, despite the inability of the first three to invite/be invited by me.

All of them are people I've played with Warframe with zero issues up until now. It's a bit perplexing.