The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Platinum

(PSN)Mordred_Tumultu

Question

So, as a PS4 player, the Platinum packs available to me have a very static price. I can't wait to get discount packs or sales like PC players can, and the conversion rate from cash to Platinum is, er, notorious, according to my PC friends. So, because of this, I want to buy as little Platinum as necessary, and as much as I love cosmetics and frames and Prime bundles, the only truly necessary things I feel the need to buy are inventory slots. Specifically, Frame and Weapon slots. How many slots would be acceptable for me to hold onto the Frames I want (Limbo, Frost, Oberon, Chroma, Nekros, any Prime variations of those) while rotating in the ones I don't for MR, and how many for weapons? So far, it seems that there are a few "must-have" weapons for the current meta, which I'm not really aware of. On the other hand, there are favorites I have for varying reasons, such as the Tigris, Redeemer, (Synoid) Gammacor and Simulor (though the Synoids are waaaaay end-game), Dragon Nikana, Destreza, and any others that happen to strike my fancy. How many slots should I keep available for MR garbage and crafting, at any time? 

Tldr; how many Frame and Weapon slots is it recommended to buy, short of literally "enough for everything"?

3 answers to this question

Just from the list of ones you want, if you keep both versions, you'd need 10 slots total, plus any extra you feel necessary for Mastery rank frames.

Weapons is really dependent on you.  If you like switching out weapons a lot, you'd need more slots.  In total you'd prolly do fine with just 10-15 slots, using half, or so, to keep your favorite weapons or meta weapons.

Oh and I guess like one color palette? I'm sick of the default color palette.

If you want a few choices there are two packs you could pick up rather than buying just a single palette.  The Alpha one is the one I recommend, personally, and gives you 5 for 281 plat.  There is the Beta pack, also, which comes with 3 packs for 169 plat.

Just if you planned to pick up some colors.

Hey there, new to the game as well and basically, this is what I also had planned.

10 slots for frames and another 10 for weapons. Sounds like a good investment. That's about the only thing I want to spend platinum on until I can get that sweet trade income rolling from stuff from the void. Oh and I guess like one color palette? I'm sick of the default color palette.