The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share Your Tricks!

OniGanon

Question

I've been considering making a video about the tricks long time Warframe players have that were never explained in the game, things that veterans take for granted but the newer players probably have no idea about. Little things like how to use Right Hand Advantage, or casting powers while jumping to conserve momentum, or reload cancelling, or sliding into a Revive so that you are standing a few metres away from the unpleasant crap that probably killed your teammate.

In the past, I wrote a guide for Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer detailing many 'creative uses of game mechanics' as that community was fond of calling them. That's more or less what I'm going for here.

It's not so much about how to fuse mods, nor about which weapons or frames a noob should pick. There are plenty of guides for that. I am looking for the little tricks that can improve your game a bit, strategies that may not be obvious, game mechanics that are never properly explained, and quirks that can be taken advantage of.

I think I've got a decent list of my own to start with, but I'd like to learn of more from you guys and also maybe get some idea of what is and isn't already common knowledge.

So please, share your tricks!

Here's an example to start off:

Slide Casting - Most abilities in the game can be cast while Sliding to help maintain some momentum. This includes abilities that cannot be cast while jumping, such as Trinity's EV and Link.

This is something I noticed when trying to go as fast as possible - when you chain bullet jump into double jump, if you hit crouch/slide just before hitting space a second time for double jump you get an additional boost of momentum compared to just pressing space. This seems to work only for long range jumps when you're reasonably high above the ground, as the crouch-induced micro dive-kick can ground you when you're flying just above the ground.

I just posted that up there^ lol, it also works with roll after bullet jump :)