Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Vs Mission Tourney Mode With Rewards

alocrius

A new game mode that puts you in a standard tournament ladder with progression against opposing teams. Each tier would be a specific mission type and you would compete in separately instanced games with linked mission stats to see who could complete the mission first with the most caveat's. So finishing mission first would give you X amount of points. Having the most collective headshots gives X amount points. Most enemies killed at once, slide kills, etc., etc... Whichever team has the highest collective points wins. The farther up the tier you advance the better the prizes which could range from weapon xp to catalysts/reactors which would probably be a prize at a final endless defense mission.

And to make it more interesting you would introduce a new enemy type for tourney's, an elite mini-boss, I'm thinking techno-golem, who would deploy an energy shield that would give him temp invulnerability to warframe abilities. He would wield a missile launcher (with small aoe stun/high damage, but it's dodge-able) and would have vicious melee and high armor. Or alternately the techno golem could just be randomly shielded from one specific warframes ult/abilities which would also be cool. Techno golem could be enemy type you build in the dojo, specific for the tournaments, as opposing team would fight your golem. (Something along this line has been suggested already).

How bout it?

(my bad if this was already suggested, didn't see it)

Edited by alocrius

It's still PvE for god's sakes and would provide some needed relief from farming.  During the mission you would get alerts as opposing team reached integral goals such as a 50 kill alert, or 10 headshots alert.. so you would have an idea of progress and what goal you were going for.  I know this would be hot, as each player would feel there was one area he could make a significant contribution in be it melee, high kill count, headshots, accuracy, etc..  each person would be competing for the highest points in their pet category while still watching the alerts and making needed contributions to the other categories.  There could be an abbreviated tally kept to the side of the screen of achieved progress integers for each team.  I know its pretty exciting, but please try to restrain yourselves in the comments.  I only have so much room in my pants for cookies.

Edited by alocrius