The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem Preview - Is It Cached?

Smebb

Question

As my title suggests I'm wondering if the preview of the first clan emblem is cached. It's just I didn't like how the emblem looked on the arm when I first uploaded it so I made a couple of edits and re-uploaded it but I still see the first one I uploaded as the preview. I tried clearing my browser cache but I still saw the old one.

Upon further inspection no matter what I upload it uses the same image (stored on DE web server) as the preview. I don't know if just the preview is cached there or if I agree to upload the first cached version will show up as our clan emblem, or the edited emblem.

Does anyone else know or has been in this situation? I really don't want to waste 150 platinum on our emblem. Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the input. I clicked cancel when I saw the preview though, then re-uploaded. Surely it should show a different image when I click upload and Preview again, right?

EDIT: I just tried to preview it again and it now shows. It must just cache the preview emblems for half an hour or something like that.

Edited by Smebb

As my title suggests I'm wondering if the preview of the first clan emblem is cached. It's just I didn't like how the emblem looked on the arm when I first uploaded it so I made a couple of edits and re-uploaded it but I still see the first one I uploaded as the preview. I tried clearing my browser cache but I still saw the old one.

Upon further inspection no matter what I upload it uses the same image (stored on DE web server) as the preview. I don't know if just the preview is cached there or if I agree to upload the first cached version will show up as our clan emblem, or the edited emblem.

Does anyone else know or has been in this situation? I really don't want to waste 150 platinum on our emblem. Thanks!

I also had that problem and now I'm stuck with a green glow behind my emblem because I couldn't preview the fix. It's still a great emblem and you won't notice the glow unless you're up close and inspecting it but I mean it's still there and I couldn't resolve the issue because I had to hope for the best upon accepting.

Edited by PickleMonster21