Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sliding Cooldown

TheGameYouJustLostIt

I'm not a rusher, i just like sliding around. It has nothing to do with catching up or getting to the end of the level. I can't even drop kick things anymore because it even slows me down in mid air! If they want a way to stop rushers put in multiperson doors before boss/extractions.

I agree with adding more multiperson doors, especially at extraction points. Would make it a lot easier than just adding something like this, even though it's hardly noticeable for me. It doesn't even seem that bad on Saryn and Rhino, honestly.

I agree with adding more multiperson doors, especially at extraction points. Would make it a lot easier than just adding something like this, even though it's hardly noticeable for me. It doesn't even seem that bad on Saryn and Rhino, honestly.

I think a system of locks that need a team of how ever many are playing to open them would help but not just two people at a door maybe switching that need to be pulled and when they are the door lights one by one change to green that way it's not just two people doing something and everyone is active rather then waiting.

I still don't care for the change my self but I solo a lot and don't mind groups if I am looking to do anything other then farm parts because that is slow and painful without being slown down.

this is not ninja

Till we are allowed to cloak through a level take out a target without fireing a shot or alerting anyone and being able to vanish into smoke none of it will be like the Legend of Ninjas one way or the other.

Even if it's just pve they want to put osme challange in but I agree a sliding cool down isn't challange it's rather an try at giving the slower moving/loot finding/mob killing groups a very slight chance to keep up? in the end it's not much of a slow down for anyone running. 

It just feels like a bad change and maybe they will change it again.

Hm i dont know - i loved to do Tricks with the slide Momentum - i loved to do solo rushes because of the Speed and agility u can gain with a little bit of Skill (duck slice duck jump slice - or do walljumps out of the duck-slice mechanic - or use vaubans bounce with it... )

hm ... wait ... Ninjas ? no ... now i feel like a sack full of rice because u even cant do that little combo now.

As said in another Thread - *applause to community* just nerf the f*** out of the fun things in warframe.

P.S.: Oh and btw... whats about the Idle Kicktime on Defense Maps ? AFK Idlers in Europe are a REAL Problem, especially on Gaia -.-

Edited by FreaKzero

I'd love to get this reverted, like many others in this thread I use it as a way to get around. I rarely play pubs, so rushing isn't an issue for me, and if it is, put more multi-person doors in, whatever. I'd just like to feel mobile again, and not feel like I'm jumping through goop every second slide.

Feels more realistic to me now. Before I could be sliding most of the time with faster speed than running, and that uses less stamina.

Now you actually have to gain some momentum before a slide, those running mods may actually be useful now.

I didn't correct the quote just so you know.

I do know that. You corrected your post from saying "Just play the game the way it is" to "Just play the game the way it was developed", completely ignoring the fact that the way the game is IS the way it was developed. Your edit of your post did nothing.

My opinion is this is way over the top, leaves my super mobile warframe feeling sluggish and normal, unable to jump and slide around the map(which is most of the fun of playing this game?). If this truly is intentional then can you limit it to online mode only to keep the four randoms who are complaining on the forum happy. You will find just about everyone who groups up in private or even plays solo will want this reverted.

Feels more realistic to me now. Before I could be sliding most of the time with faster speed than running, and that uses less stamina.

Now you actually have to gain some momentum before a slide, those running mods may actually be useful now.

Realistic in a game about space ninja = danger Also the mods were always useful at a point when they were maxed or near it. Sadly even with momentum the slide is slow into a jumping flip if that is real for space ninja I want fake space ninja fast moving fun.

Feels more realistic to me now.

In a Game about Space Ninjas ? Really ?

One of my most favourite things was a airroll with roundslice (duck+jump - in air: duck slice) - not even that u can pull now off. And thats a game about... ehem ... space "Ninjas" !? Oh wait.. thats unrealistic anyways...

My opinion is this is way over the top, leaves my super mobile warframe feeling sluggish and normal, unable to jump and slide around the map(which is most of the fun of playing this game?). If this truly is intentional then can you limit it to online mode only to keep the four randoms who are complaining on the forum happy. You will find just about everyone who groups up in private or even plays solo will want this reverted.

what this ninja said

In a Game about Space Ninjas ? Really ?

One of my most favourite things was a airroll with roundslice (duck+jump - in air: duck slice) - not even that u can pull now off. And thats a game about... ehem ... space "Ninjas" !? Oh wait.. thats unrealistic anyways...

And cell phones weren't realistic in the 1800's.

These ninjas appear human-like. Yet they used to have an endless supply of stamina, without using suit energy, to slide all over the map.

Perhaps they should revert to the old system but make sliding use more stamina and then switch to suit energy when stamina runs out?

These ninjas appear human-like. Yet they used to have an endless supply of stamina, without using suit energy, to slide all over the map.

Perhaps they should revert to the old system but make sliding use more stamina and then switch to suit energy when stamina runs out?

what this ninja said

Back to the topic that was. 

I feel they should put this back like was till they find away to balance slowing us down with speeding the other players along that way no one is very happy about the issue and it isn't a one sided fight to get something that didn't seem broken fixed. 

Only slightly joking but there are people who will just sit there and do nothing but loot and kill for a very long time if it's 3 to one you are stuck waiting for the 3. On an atempt to get Trinity systems to drop I ended up with a party where one player was dead and the other one was atempting to get me to stand in a place and do nothing.... I don't want to play musical chairs when I am atempting to get a bp for 4 hours of running a mission over and over.

dcSquark if you do feel the need to post please post more then 4 words and avoid using ninja for a bit.

Edited by DreadWolf7

That was the whole problem, the slide dash canceling used stamina but never actually required a specific amount to let you do something. Imo the best fix would be to make it require a bit less to slide dash but make it so you have to have that amount to do it. Then you can do the slide dashing in small bursts.

Just want to point out some other not-so-obvious things to people saying this change was needed :

-Sprint mod was incredibly useful even for slide dashing. Before the change I tried slide dashing with a full fury mod on dark dagger with nyx, then I put a 4/5 sprint mod on her and tried it again. There is a gigantic difference in how fast/far it goes.

-Rushers will just put on sprint + stamina mods and rush through the level easier than before, but still just as fast. The reason people rush through levels *usually* is because they are farming something specific or trying to unlock up to an alert before it ends...all very good reasons to rush and a good reason you guys who want to take your time should make private games.

-This is a huge nerf to melee, due to the fact that almost every gun in the game with a potato and decent mods can one shot everything except bosses, who you usually can't melee anyhow. The reason I say it's a nerf to melee is without sliding more than twice in a set time limit (what is the time limit on it exactly?) getting to an enemy before someone one shots it with a gun at much longer range than you is going to be pretty much impossible, not to mention if you accidentally hit slide twice/it glitches out and hits slide a 2nd time you'll be stuck making it even worst.

Guns will be even more dominant now as powers are already fairly useless towards endgame anyways so we've pretty much just turned this game into space marines.

Oh wait... this Ninja cant use the Jutsu of irony ...

The biggest problem i have with that whole "Fix" is  - the "whole restriction", most of the really cool moves u just cant pull off anymore, not with ash - not with Loki - and i mean this ones where u dont use bladeslide for a whole Game.

U have no "airrollboost" anymore, u cant do a roundslice in a airroll, u cant do a doubleairslice from a wall and so on.

i really can live with it when DE restricts the bladeslide to the stamina but the restriction of all that moves... i dont know - then i can play Gears of War anyways.

And in that regard i can remember times of Quake 1 where such "Bugs" were directly implemented in the Games because of better Gameplay (Strafejumping) - u just have to find the right balance of it. But that "Fix" now just suck - as i said i feel like a sack of rice not like a space ninja.

And that variety of moving and the feeling of agility was the "thing" i really started with that game - so i am very dissapointed with that "Fix".

Edited by FreaKzero