The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One In-Game Voice-Chat

(XBOX)Supergyro2k

Question

I'm having some odd experiences with in-game voice chat. I've done a cursory search on these forums and Google, but don't see any clear answers. The closest link I could find was the following one with no solutions:

All comments below apply to Warframe on the XB1 specifically. If this belongs in the Xbox Feedback forum, let me know!

CURRENT VOICE-CHAT OPTIONS

1) Warframe present an option in-game to enable/disable voice-chat

2) XB1 parties allow for system-level, game agnostic voice-chat

To add to my own confusion, I have both a Kinect and a stereo headset :)

PROBLEM

I can't ever seem to hear or be heard using the in-game chat. For example, I've performed the following steps:

1) Restart Xbox One (to avoid issues related to using "Instant On")

2) Disable Kinect use for chat (to avoid potential mic-source conflicts)

3) Plug in stereo headset

4) Confirm that account permissions allow for voice chat with "everyone"

5) Start a party with no invitees to confirm that headset mic is picking up audio and that my mute button works

6) Close party (to avoid potential conflicts with in-game chat)

7) Launch Warframe

8) Confirm in-game chat is enabled

After all of the above, I still don't see an audio indicator on my Mastery icon in the upper left corner of the HUD. Using public matchmaking, I've been added to a couple squads where I have seen the audio icon show up for squadmates. In those cases, I could see the icon flashing but couldn't hear anyone. 

My question is, does the in-game voice-chat work for anyone else on XB1? Parties are cool and all but not well suited for a random squad (in my opinion). 

2 answers to this question

Thanks, Deathbricked!

As an update for anyone with a similar issues. I've since joined a clan and use Xbox parties for voice more often. When I join a squad with my clan members, I'll hear them in the Xbox party and see the audio indicator on their Mastery icons in the upper left corner. Mine is still always missing! At least I'm not gaming entirely in silence though.

I would still like an answer for when I do public matchmaking, so I've submitted a helpdesk ticket and will update this topic when I have a solution.