The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why This Game Intentionally Screws You Over On Excavation Missions?

REgamesplayer

Question

Hello everybody.

I'm quite new player, I have 90 hours on this game at this point. Despite all, I feel that excavation missions, especially against infested are specifically designed to fail you. My first gripe with the game is that at wave 5 game always refuses to spawn power carriers. As the rule, they will be absent for a very long time. My second problem is that enemies ignore me and suicide on the node. This is just poor game design which results to be major point of frustration to me. Yes, game should give you a challenge, but not one which just auto-fails you. If game wishes, it could rather just take away one excavation site at random, it at least would reveal its true colors and would not add so much frustration in doing so.

Overall, it is unlikely to get fixed. Could you guys give me advise outside of playing with random clowns of how to solve this problem? Is there a warframe, weapon, equippable which would taunt enemies on me? 

Well, you were right, despite all the faults, multi is better simply because game is not designed for solo and punishes you for it. Despite that, I had all the wrong experiences in multi from a get go. First, I joined a group to farm in my clan. I told them that I'm willing to help them an hour or two and that I'm okey with farming nekros and nova. The result, they laughed at me for having nyx at such low mastery rank and kicked me out. If that would had been done in old wow guild, I bet that their asses would had been burnt for such anti-social and rude gesture. I could actually give some major S#&$ to clan's heads through chat and no decent guild would have tolarated such behavior. Later I farmed excavation missions. In first defense high level characters rolf stomped everyone in defense mission. I felt silly with my ranged weapon and I was useless. Then I went to excavation mission. I did 85% of damage in a group of 4 and was constantly pushing for new generators, gathering most power to them too. In the next run I had the same problem, people were always absent from generators while I single handedly farmed vast majority of drops. They turned out were rolf stomping mobs in the middle out of nowhere, leaving me with guard duty.

Oh. there was flaming and reporting too. People wanted to leave mission after 5'th wave and etc. Overall, multiplayer took away from enjoyment of this game, but accelarated grind considerably.

Well, you were right, despite all the faults, multi is better simply because game is not designed for solo and punishes you for it. Despite that, I had all the wrong experiences in multi from a get go. First, I joined a group to farm in my clan. I told them that I'm willing to help them an hour or two and that I'm okey with farming nekros and nova. The result, they laughed at me for having nyx at such low mastery rank and kicked me out. If that would had been done in old wow guild, I bet that their asses would had been burnt for such anti-social and rude gesture. I could actually give some major S#&$ to clan's heads through chat and no decent guild would have tolarated such behavior. Later I farmed excavation missions. In first defense high level characters rolf stomped everyone in defense mission. I felt silly with my ranged weapon and I was useless. Then I went to excavation mission. I did 85% of damage in a group of 4 and was constantly pushing for new generators, gathering most power to them too. In the next run I had the same problem, people were always absent from generators while I single handedly farmed vast majority of drops. They turned out were rolf stomping mobs in the middle out of nowhere, leaving me with guard duty.

Oh. there was flaming and reporting too. People wanted to leave mission after 5'th wave and etc. Overall, multiplayer took away from enjoyment of this game, but accelarated grind considerably.

Told you.

Unfortunately Nyx is very underrated warframe. Most of people think she's useless, but if you know correctly how to play with her, she's one of the best warframes. And I'd say she's one of my favorite.

Going with random team, sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not. It's random, so...

Let me give you another advice. if you're going aganst Infested on Excavation, like on Pluto/Hieracon, take Tonkor, Penta or something similar which gives massive damage to them. Try to take Vauban or Frost. In most cases farming is bigger when there are Vauban or Frost. Hope my advises help you.

Edited by dendroaspis84

Thank you for the advise, but I just learned about how ban happy devs are. I was planning to do actual video and give some constructive critique from new player's perspective and problems they are facing, but that would be asking to get shot. Sorry, but I'm not nearly rich enough to receive justice in this world and I had said too much negativity as it is. I would rather be as silent as possible in order to avoid fury of some rotten people out there. Cya, I won't come here anymore at all.

Edited by REgamesplayer