Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes

Bakim0n0

Something quite troubling for me personally as well as a good chunk of people in my circle.

It's very cool and neat to make parkour more accessible to players, especially considering you're going to be more focused on making the scheme more and more controller friendly.

The problem is... making advanced parkour elements automatic actually defeats the purpose of advanced parkour in the first place. More and more small changes get made to open the game up to the more casual player, which is great, but you're continually hampering the advanced players as a result.

Toggle runs, toggle crouches, auto wall runs and now... auto flipping at the top of ledges. The game is billed as a fast paced ninja game, and to a large extent it delivers; but more and more the speed and pacing of the game is getting capped to deal with a problem that, frankly, should 110% be solved by matchmaking tools and not by hampering mobility.

To clear this up for those of you who aren't understanding why this change is an annoying change after a series of annoying changes... in making us automatically flip at the top of running up a ledge / box you also negated the ability to clip up the edge of a box for a boost. You can call this a glitch, unintended, whatever you like... but the fact is the major draw of this game for some of us has been the free-form fast paced parkour and combat, and the parkour has been getting hammered update after update.

People may agree or disagree, I'm sure many will argue that this sort of thing was never intended yadda yadda yadda... but let me tell you... There are those of us that threw money at you because of how fun these elements you are nerfing were and the continued changes to them genuinely damages our gameplay experience. I understand this game needs to have mass appeal, especially as the game prepares to go to console, but you're killing some of your most hardcore player's interest in the game.

I'm not out yet, but I feel that with the direction this game seems to be headed it's very soon around the corner and be aware that I am not alone in this opinion.

It's still possible, but Zorans got hit with a nerf cannon (not a hammer) and after a slide attack there is a real CD on any weapon based animation as well as the diminished returns on slide momentum. I've been a bit busy with RL stuff so my actual in game time has been limited (I usually play most on the weekend)

Edited by Bakim0n0

+1, totaly agree with you Baki.

wonder what will come next, maybe press a button at the start of the level and ur char will do a cinematic and finish the level automatically. it will look awsome (not)!

i dont understand why in a game based of high mobility the devs keep taking it away from us.

Edited by Canas

It's just really annoying... when I first got here it was like this playground to make mine... and more and more it's like... oh well don't play here, and this area is off bounds... oh and this thing you used to do here is just too fast, it's not fair to those who can't do it.

And like I said... that's fine and dandy and it's bound to get more mass appeal for it... just a shame for those of us who found the way it used to be beautiful and got us to open our wallets in the first place.

It's kind of funny, this seems to be the only game where the devs demand you play it their way and fix the small glitches that advanced players adopted and benefit from. Heck, some other games notice that players use certain physics glitches and such and actually build around those to incorporate them further (like Gears of War and wallbouncing).