The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gamepad/controller Question

SatelliteStrike

Question

So I know it is preffered to play this game with mouse+keyboard for easier aiming, cause it can be tricky to shoot with a gamepad. But I am more into melee. Frames like Loki and Valkyr if played melee don't need primary weapon. So my question is once you connect your pad, how do you switch from keyboard type to pad control? Where is the option to make the game detect pad? I have Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4. If I plug it in and try pressing buttons etc, nothing happens, If I press keyboard works normally. So how do I change from keyboard and enable pad control? Is there an option? How to make game detect it? Any ideeas?

7 answers to this question

Have you updated the drivers for the controller? Does it work right away with other games? Have you connected it prior to launching Warframe?

It could be a similar case to running a DS3/DS4 controller, but those require a third party software and remapping of buttons to function.

Honestly, I don't know anything about the Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4, I personally use an Afterglow Xbox 360 controller for my go to and works fine when I plug it in in the middle of gameplay.

Have you had it plugged in before launching the game?

Yeah. When I saw didn't work I unplugged and try pluggin again and still nothing. Do I need to start the game first then plug it in? Or do I need one of those xbox 360 emulators to make it work?

This game natively supports Xinput controllers.  Two that I know of are the Logitech F310 and the official Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

If you use Xinput then it works as a plug & play method and you can reconfigure keybinds without issues.  No extra drivers required.

If you use other stuff, you're pretty much on your own.  I'd actually recommend trying out JoyToKey or Xpadder or similar software to remap keyboard controls to the gamepad if your gamepad is not explicitly Xinput compatible.  Just being detected by Windows is no longer enough.

EDIT:  Open-source alternative is AntiMicro; though I'm not a fan of their GUI (takes some getting used to).  I use JoyToKey myself :)

Edited by FreshNinja007