The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reflex Guard And Saryn

ZailDyez

Question

Hello~

I was just looking for opinions on Reflex Guard mod with Saryn. Reflex Guard is looked at as a pretty bad mod atm since A) Blocking doesn't do enough for most warframes, B) It locks you in a blocking animation, even when you are reloading so it makes reloading weapons with long reload a nightmare and C) It takes up precious slot space. 

However, I bring up Saryn Specifically because 

A) Toxic Lash now gives a huge damage reduction with blocking now, leading to almost a 90% damage reduction when she blocks

B) She can be played as a Melee Oriented build due to large health pool and Toxic Lash rework. Since she can be played as melee oriented, you would be using your gun as much as other warframes. 

and 

C) I think they changed it from locking you into the blocking animation if you roll. Although I need to check that again. I only used the mod for a few hours before I got something better to fill in slot on a different warframe.

Haven't gotten saryn yet, this is all sort of theory crafting. I also havent maxed out the mod yet since it seems like it's going to take a lot of cores to max it out. But I was wondering if anyone who does play Saryn as melee would like to test it out. And if you have, would you kindly share your thoughts on it. Thanks~

1 answer to this question

A) if you have 800+ene (saryn P+primed flow) channel while blocking can sometimes save your ! and at the same time wont leave you without ene

B) put up redeemer and you will block and use charge attack at the same time:) <magic>. I dont know how txic lash work with redeemer...

C) im perfectly happy with this mod on my ash P

Edited by Kripion