Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternative To Movement Nerfs

Horus000

So basically what ive gathered is that all these movement nerfs have been done to prevent or restrict 'rushers'. And the outcome of these changes has ended up to be like a punishment for everyone (everyone that hasn't welcomed the change), regardless of whether they're a 'rusher' or 'completionist'. So instead of ruining the fun and amazement of the game, by taking away things that make it so awesome, why dont you try ADDING to it.

Add a setting that you can change between 'rusher' and 'completionist' and/or whatever other misc group you can think of, so that matchmaker can group the rushers with the rushers and the completionists with the completionists.

That way you wont have so many people QQing about each other all the time, and the game keeps its dynamic. Then have the option of the host's game take priority if someone wants to join another persons game (as is standard practice in other games), or people want to team up etc. This will also encourage communication between people, particularly if they've grouped up before the mission etc.

And to counter language barriers, add a "game type preference" thing in the group window, so people who dont speak the same language can put their preference in (between rusher/completionist/other) and the host can choose from that. (This of course is assuming that the Warframe community is as considerate as everyone seems to make out.) And if someone who's joined doesn't like the choice the host has taken, they can leave and find a different group.

Edit: perhaps add a "mentor" setting, for people who are willing to help new players get to know the game and get used to it all etc, and for new players to join with mentors etc.

Edited by Horus000

I do see what youre getting at with that thread. but i do have to admit, the vast majority of the time im a completionist. but when im hunting for a neural sensor in particular, i want to be in and out as fast as i can, so being able to select between rusher and completionist will work wonders for me. rusher for when i want  to get a sensor (which took me over 30 runs to get over 4 days) < doing the completionist thing for this extremely rare resource will take forever and ever, even though the amount of enemies you kill and mods you get is greatly increased - but for me gettng all those things isnt as important to me as wanting that cursed sensor to make a weapon i want to get started ASAP so i can play ASAP.